Chapter 3 (Zane)

As we walked towards the front of my house, all but the twins awed in amazement when they see my place. I understand it's a modern house that looks like I am the wealthiest person in the school, but it belongs to my parents. I moved into their second home so I can have my own privacy and not be disturbed every two seconds from their constant bickering. The only downside to this place is the rent, from what I remember, my dad's words were 'well if you wanna live in that place, you got to pay for bills, gas and electric. You're not living there rent free young man'. I'm guessing its their way of pressuring me back to living with them again. Turns out it backfired on them.

"You have a nice place Zane, right Jack?" said Violet, and Jack replied with a small nod and a smile "I-it is a really nice place" he practically whispered out.

"Thank you, I know it looks nice but its not that much" I said out of modesty, Violet looked at me with a look that can only be described as telling me to cut the modesty shit. I'll make sure to be blunt towards her next time. Once we were all inside, I led them to the living room and made sure to prepare some refreshments, they mostly just wanted water or there was the shy kid that didn't want anything. Yeah right! I still gave him a glass of water, and by the look in his eyes, he was grateful. I'm guessing he doesn't want to be annoying.

"Okay let's get started" the twins stated.

"What should we do our assignment on?" Violet inquired. "Maybe we could do about Shakespeare?"

"BORINGGGGGG!" Screamed Noah. "I think it's a great idea!" said Damien at the same time. They both glared at each other sending twin-telepathy daggers to each other. It's funny but a little creepy when they know exactly what they're thinking about.

"What do you think Jack, got any ideas?" I asked. He looked up and started stuttering, whoops, caught him off guard. Once he calmed down, he then said, "maybe we can write about the development of how we live and how we survive in our everyday lives?" There was silence in the room after that and it was deafening. "Sounds good to us" said Noah, making Violet agree and so did I. So that's what we started working on.

Jack's POV:

It's been a few hours since we started, and I let Violet know that I was heading to the bathroom. I don't know why I didn't ask for directions but here we are. As I was wondering around, I stumbled into a room that was lit up with dimmed lights, I must have accidentally walked into Zane's room, even though its hard to see it still looks well decorated. I looked on the wall to see a younger boy o the wall smiling on this green field laying there enjoying the rays of sun beaming down onto him. From the looks of it, I think it's Zane, especially with his dark brown hair. I got to admit it is making me smile a little- "What are you doing in here?!" a booming voice filled the room; I spun around to see Zane at the doorway. Shit shit shit! My worst fear has come to life! Damn it brain! "I- I'm so sorry I didn't know where I was going so I was walking around blindly a-and I stumbled in here... I'm so so sorry for intruding" I feel so embarrassed that I can't even look in his eyes right now. I lost the power to move, I felt the heat rise to my face as I closed my eyes tightly. Kill me now!

When I eventually open my eyes, I see his feel directly in my line of sight. I slowly rose my head to meet his gaze. It wasn't a gaze of annoyance or anger, but a soft gaze, kinda like empathy or calmness. Making me feel calmer. "Follow me" he said and turned on his heels leaving the room. When I finally gain my senses back, I swiftly follow him to where he was leading me.

---

We just kept walking down this hallway until he stopped dead in his tracks, turned around and pointed to the door. "This is where you need to go, and next time, ask for directions so you don't go into other rooms" he said with a smirk on his face. I felt my blood rush up to my face, OMG I don't know is he is teasing me or what, but I just nodded my head and went inside the room he pointed to, and yest it was the bathroom. The bathroom looked amazing, it was highly modern, the way the sink to the bath/shower looked like. The room looks bigger than my damn room. I quickly did my business and left the bathroom, backtracking so I can find my way back. Obviously, I looked in Zane's room seeing that boy in the field, it really shows a different side to Zane than what he looks like now and YES, I didn't take anything... yet.

I reached downstairs and sat down with the group again, they have done quite a lot of the assignment while I was in the labyrinth, but no matter. "Finally, you arrived back, we had to send Zane to find you" said Violet giving me a wink. That bitch! That's why he appeared out of no where and searched for me himself. "I'm going to murder you in your sleep later" I whispered to her through my teethy smile. "You're going to hurt me?! Damien save me!" She said in her damsel in distress voice and low and behold here comes Damien the 'Knight in shining armour'. I swear she's now teasing him or something. I mean from anyone's point of view; you can clearly see Damien has a crush on her. Leave the poor boy's heart alone. I gave her a stern look making sure she knew that she better not play him. WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! She's looking at this asshole like he's the love of her life. This bitch is betraying me! I will not forgive you for this Violettttttt! I have to deal with the twins every day now, with means... more Zane Crawftmen? I hope so. Fucks sakes Jack, you need to get yourself under control.

Not long after we talked for a little while, just some simple casual talk about random shit and the boys being boys, we all decided to leave and exchange numbers just in case if anything appears. As soon as I left the gates from the mansion, I sprinted home and hid in my cave, making sure to cherish the smells and the picture that I saw in Zane's house.