𝟐𝟏

𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬

gabriel

i jump out the window and swing to the museum. the place is swarming cop cars and civilians. 

an explosion goes off, and vulture yells something i can't make out from this height. so i swing further down, trapping other cops into webs so i can get in easier.

"everybody on my signal! look out for signs of spiderman!"

i trap him in a web against one of the police cars and shoot a web over his mouth. 

the cop next to him deadpans. "yep, we got our sign."

i hang upside down in front of my father. "how's the manhunt for me going?" i taunt, making my voice deeper. 

he struggles against my webs, and shouts in a muffled voice, "you're under arrest!"

"good to know." i land and run into the museum, flipping over rubble.

it was quiet on the inside. a little too quiet for my taste. i stand and scan the area.

"vulture!"

no response. huh.

"screaming their name usually works."

next thing i know, i'm getting shoved across the room, landing against a pile of large rubble. "i guess it worked.." i groan.

but.. this vulture was different.

"i am the vulture, the pinnacle of man's genius." he announces. i pick myself up.

"you're not my vulture," i realize. "what are you, made of parchment?"

"what cursed world have you brought me to?" he glitches, grunting in pain as he does so.

"you're glitching, huh? been there." i mutter the last part to myself. trust me, glitching isn't a pleasant experience.

"uh, where you from, bud?"

he doesn't even answer my initial question. but i guess that's fair.

"i am an artist, an engineer," he pulls out some type of crossbow, and shoots at me. i dodge the arrows with ease. "oh, great. a renaissance man."

i shoot a web to his wing, flying up with him. i use the momentum to my advantage, and attack. "let me guess," i land on his back, trying to use my webs to both steady myself and control him flight pattern somewhat. "you were having an espresso in some old-timey leonardo da vinci dimension, and suddenly a portal opens up and you wind up here. am i warm?"

"yes, that's pretty much it," he seethes, crashing into all sorts of things.

"sidebar, uh, maybe you could stop making a mess of the art museum for no reason?"