Chapter 1

"Hey Dingus, your children are here." I hear Robin shout from the front of the store at my older brother Steve.

"FINALLY." I yell. It only took them an hour this time, that's a new record..

"Y/N? Did you and your friends plan a movie thing without telling me again?" Steve asked me as he walked out. "No comment." I reply as I hurry out to meet my friends. "Again? Seriously?" My brother asks the group.

"You guys are so slow." I complain to my friends. "Blame Mike. He's the one who was too busy swapping spit with his girlfriend to get here on time." Lucas tells me. Mike rolls his eyes. Steve leads us through the back to the hallway that connects all the stores.

"If anyone hears about this-" my brother starts, "we're dead" we finish for him. "Don't worry, we know." I say reassuringly. 

He sighs and watches us hurry down the hall. We get to the door to the theatre, and wait till Mike gives us the okay to go. Then we rushed to get seats to see Day of the Dead. We finally sat down and Will hands out the snacks.

"See Lucas? We made it." Mike says. "We missed the previews." Lucas replied back. "Still made it. Fartface." Max says to Lucas.

Just as the movie started, it stopped. There was a chorus of boos.

"What the hell?" I asked.

Seconds after it happened, the movie started again. Everyone cheered. However, Will seemed a little uneasy. I looked at him quizzically.

"Are you okay Will?" I asked. He nodded his head slowly. "Y-yeah." He replied and smiled. "Okay." I responded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Day

"It's just a dream... You're dreaming." I hear one of my best friends and crush, Dustin Henderson say as he followed he toys through his house.

I chuckle softly at the boy's concern. Little did he know what was coming. The toys stopped. He dropped to the ground and began inspecting the toys, trying to figure what was happening. We slowly crept up behind him.

Three.. Two.. One. Max mouths to us. We all blow our party horns, which scares the shit out of Dustin. He screams and sprays Farrah Fawcett in Lucas's eyes. Lucas screamed in pain.

"Aw shit! Sorry man. You guys scared me." Dustin said. "We could tell." Lucas replied meekly, holding his eyes.

Max took Lucas to the kitchen to help rinse out his eyes. While this happened, Dustin showed us everything he made in Camp Know Where.

"This is the Forever clock. It's powered by wind. It would be very useful in an apocalypse. And here's the slammer! It's pretty cool isn't it? But this.." he said grabbing a duffle bag. "This is my master piece. I would like you to meet.... Cerebro." He said proudly.

"... What exactly are we looking at?" Mike asked confused.

"My thoughts exactly." I said.

"It's an unassembled one-of-a-kind battery power radio tower!" He told us excitedly.

"So... It's a ham-radio?" Will asked.

"The Cadillac of ham radios. This baby provides a crystal clear connection over huge distances. I'm talking North Pole to South." Dustin responded. "And... I can talk to my girlfriend wherever and whenever I chose." He added.

My jaw dropped.

"Girlfriend?" We said at the same time. 

Word Count: 550