🎸Chapter 9🎸

Stans pov:

I had sat down and then they were gawking over every little thing. I had ordered a Dr. Pepper instead of a coffee. I tried to pay attention, but every time Kyle shifted in his seat, I felt his curls brush the back of my neck. "Stan? Do you know anything about the show? Marj asked. I had zoned out when they delved into ideas of marriage, but I guess this was a band conversation now.

"Huh? Oh they haven't contacted me-" I got cut off by my phone buzzing in my pockets. I pulled it out of my pocket. 'Super important boss guy'. The title read. "Oh my God it's them! Be right back!" I shouted, I ran up to the door and pressed my back against the glass before answering.  "Yo, it's Stan." I tried to sound as cool as possible, even though I was giddy to know what was actually going on with our show.

"Ah. Stan. I've been meaning to call you. I just never had the time.... You understand." The guy on the other side of the phone sounded rich. "Yeah, yeah totally. So about our show..." I asked. I'm pretty sure I sounded desperate. "Oh, yes...  Well it seems that we can't find a replacement for the guitar tech... And we know you'll need a lot of help from them for the new album...Since you do play the guitar..." He sounded hesitant. "So we can't play...?"  My voice was audibly filled with disappointment. "Not when we need you to, no..." He muttered.

I hung up. "GODDAMMIT!" I threw my phone on the ground. I slid down the glass and hugged my knees to my chest. My head laid back against the cold glass and my eyes on the cloudy sky. We had been working on this gig our whole careers. Me, Marj and Kenny. I remember when Jimmy left the band. I thought my dreams were over. But when Kenny said Marj had ran away to New York to escape her hellish parents, we booked the first flight. Shelly has went off to college and that left me alone with my douche bag of a dad. My mom never left him. So I followed in Marjorine's footsteps and so did Kenny. I barely convinced him to go. But he promised to come back for Karen, Kevin had left a few years prior.

I remember when we all moved into Marj's apartment and she learned how to play bass. We got shows anywhere people would offer. We worked so hard, and had to call in every favor we have just to get this gig. We had almost no out of state listeners on any platforms and we knew that when we played here, our dreams would come true.

And now, the head of the theater was cancelling on us because one of the most essential people for our show wouldn't be there.

Fuck life, man.

Marj and Kenny had come running out of the café followed by, to my surprise, Kyle. "Shit, dude." Kenny had picked up my busted phone. "What happened?" Marj asked. I had a feeling by a time in her voice she already knew. Kyle had taken a seat beside me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"The stupid fucking manager cancelled on us..." I dropped my head into hands. I felt Kyle's hand shift down to my back to rub circles. I had noticed that the redness in Kennys eyes was almost gone and it looked like he was tearing up. "Holy shit. Your kidding." Kenny gripped onto Marjorine's sweater. "Nope." I choked. I was holding back tears as well. I thought of Karen and how we couldn't save her, how Kenny and Marj could've have a better life with the money that we made off tickets sales. I thought about how now we were gonna get little to no gigs. Being black balled in Hollywood was not a good thing. (A/N:... Don't even.)

"I thought you guys were good... What happened?" Kyle asked, he turned his head to Kenny and Marj and then back to me. "The guitar tech won't be there for the majority of our songs. He had a limited time frame this week and we were just notified- shit." My voice cracked. I wiped the tears off my face. So did Kyle. My ears got hot.

I saw Kyle flinch. A spark went off in his sage eyes. "Wait. Do you say the guitar tech?" He asked. I nodded my head, a bit confused. "Holy shit, dude!" Kyle jumped up. " Could be you guy's roadie!" "Wait, wait, wait...You play guitar?" Kenny had released his grip on Marj's sweater and asked with feign interest. "Yeah!" The red head exclaimed.

I beamed and stood up. "That might have been something to mention when we met, jerk-off!" I laughed playfully. "I could be like, your roadie or something!" The taller boy shook my shoulders. I jumped into his arms and soon, so did the others. He saved us. The show will go on.

I quickly called back the manager and he agreed to let Kyle be our roadie, and we would still use the provided crew for the rest of our instruments. I felt a sudden hope. A hope that everything would be fine and that my confession plan would go even better than I thought.

_____________________________________

Heyy! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, this is my own original chapter soooo yea. But all the previous chapters were made by Gremlinfac3!! And this is their original au. Thx 4 reading this chapter! Feel free to correct any mistakes.