9 ☆

(this site is still having problems with showing the headers so i'm posting them like this for now and added previous ones— they'll be useful for the next few chapters ;) — enjoy!)

— 𓆤 —

It's all over me

It's all over me. Oozing down my neck. Coating my bones with its sticky webbing. My mouth gurgles from it. Chokes on it. I can't cry for help no matter how much my throat burns. It's seeping into my nostrils and a pathway to my brain until the dark red behind my eyes turns into a blatant black.

"Oi."

The honeycomb dangles over me, swinging and taunting, daring to break from the weak branches and finish the job. My feet are stuck on the dry grass. I couldn't escape no matter how much I tried to.

"Noa."

My eyes rip open. I take a sharp inhale of air and realize nothing is covering my face anymore. The world around me is fuzzy until it's not.

I blink a few times, taking in my surroundings and shaking my muddled brain into reality. My legs are still numb but it's not from a thick liquid. It's from sitting on my ass against the concrete with my knees up and bent towards my chest. My back is resting on a hard wall and my neck aches with a kink.

I couldn't focus on anything else because the man standing in front of me who tapped my foot to wake me up was still owlishly staring at me.

"Do you have narcolepsy?"

"What?" I clear the rasp from my throat and coat it with my salvia. My tongue detects a sweet spice lingering in my mouth.

"You know you're sleeping on the sidewalk, yeah?"

"I...do know that. Yes."

"So..?"

"So what?"

"So are you narcoleptic or do you just like sleeping in bizarre places? Like right now in the middle of the street, for example, or, I don't know, whilst driving?"