10 ☆

— 𓆤 —

— 𓆤 —

By the time the car pulls up to the driveway, two shooters of blanco tequila sit warmly in my chest and sting the back of my throat

By the time the car pulls up to the driveway, two shooters of blanco tequila sit warmly in my chest and sting the back of my throat. I had nothing but my saliva to chase it down. I also had nothing on my body but a white crochet dress and nude underwear. It would be my unofficial uniform to confront Sebastian at his family's annual Fourth of July white party in Bridgehampton. The party that I'm technically still invited to because I RVSP'd to the e-vite a month before I caught him cheating on me.

I'm not supposed to be here. I know that. It doesn't stop me from getting out of the car and clutching my purse over my shoulder as I walk over to the front door where a security guard is checking the list and letting people into the beach house.

I didn't plan to be here until this morning. I didn't tell Ivy and Amalia either. Nobody knows I'm doing this. Ivy's with her band now on the road as an opening act for fifteen cities and Amalia has Cole. They've been understandably busier packing up her things and moving into a shared space. She wanted us three to go out for dinner and drinks later to celebrate but I declined. I wanted them to have their special moment together.

This is the first weekend I had to just sit at home and do nothing. To let my muscles recover from this exhausting week of training and rehearsing at the club. To rest from brainstorming all sorts of ideas for the circus Rainbow Paradise is throwing next week. I opted for a night in— I desperately needed it.

Through the perverted lens of social media from friends of friends of Sebastian, I got a peek at all the commotion of tonight's preparation taking place at this house and I remembered how much of a big deal the parties they throw are. That's when it hit me.

Sebastian would be in one place where he can't avoid the angry messages I've sent him this past week once I let what Rowan told me simmer inside my head— the lies Sebastian has spread about me and our breakup through a niche corner of the internet and our mutual friends. Through the bullshit headlines, he's somehow managed to keep a clean image and it made me furious. I'm still trying to get into the shared bank account he locked me out to get my money. He's ignored every single one of my attempts to get him to stop and tell the truth for once in his fucking life.