Saudade (n): The Love That Remains

I'LL STAY, WE'LL BURN TOGETHER

Started: May 18. Ended: To Be Decided!

SYPNOSIS ┊ (Also in Book Desc!)In a time where relations are fickle and trust is tentative, America's world is flipped on its edge when one of his friends build a flourishing friendship with someone he would've never imagined trusting - someone fr...

SYPNOSIS (Also in Book Desc!)
In a time where relations are fickle and trust is tentative, America's world is flipped on its edge when one of his friends build a flourishing friendship with someone he would've never imagined trusting - someone from a social circle he tends to avoid with all his might. As he becomes dead set on unraveling the truth behind his rival's suspicious actions, a much larger problem begins to rear it's ugly head, a problem that strays way beyond the boundaries of their childish bickering. One that speaks of rewritten history, a reality hidden from them since their beginnings. When Russia, China, and their friends enter the fray, presenting to the table a hasty alliance that could threaten everything they've ever known, America and his allies have to make a choice: live through a rose-colored tint, or accept their offer and venture off into a journey that shows just how real the problems of society are. For if they don't fight to make it past the haze and into clarity, nothing will ever change - for them, and for everyone else. The balance of fragile peace to total war is delicate. It's fabricated. And it will inevitably be shattered.

PRELUDE The Beginnings
The past has revealed to us many lessons. Tales of centuries long gone, inscribed delicately within a leather-bound book of atrocity and bloodshed, is an unforgettable symbol that we, as humans, are all vulnerable to the cycle of history's repetition. Months, years, and often decades flit by, and as if nothing was ever lost; consciences were never tainted, we commit the same cruel things we had once done before.

War is hastily ended with peace treaties, greedily requesting sums of money too great and too excessive. Human nature kicks in, and the first gunshots ring, commencing what could be decades more of inevitable loss.

Carefully crafted layers of calamity are shattered. Boats sink beneath waves of selfishness; more victims placed at Death's feet, laying stiff in repose. Blood trails in the wake of invasions, airlifts, and battles. We wage war on others for our hostility, perpetually desiring to one-up one another, and that remains until today the harsh selfishness of reality. We cannot live in peace.