III. abnormality

The day of Hakuho's debut match against Aomori Dadada. [Name] was on the court, doing some testings on the soccer uniform while waiting for the other team— spinning around, jumping and running; all to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions im fear of embarrassing herself. She wore protection shorts and a compression shirt underneath anyways, but it was better to prevent than to lament.

"Well, everything's right, phew", She thought to herself and went to sit down on the bench with the rest of the team. Everyone could note the weird aura and nervousness that radiated from her. When one of the members had to calm her down after feeling a leg bouncing and he thought it could break the bench at any given moment. 

He tapped her shoulder, "Umm... [Name]-san please calm down, we'll surely win this one with you and Reo here"

"Well thank you– Satō was it?" She tried guessing who the hell he was since she didn't even bother to learn their names, so intead she opted for the most common family name in the country hoping she guessed correctly.

"Miyamura"

"Oh. Ah yes, thanks Miyamura-san" [Name] scratched her cheek. How embarrassing really.

Then again she attempted to distract herself by paying attention to silly details like the pattern of the wood she was sitting on, or tracing out drawings from the clouds but none of it was it enough. She knew she had her friends to rely on but wouldn't it be too much? For [Name], depending on someone was the same as straight up not doing anything at all. Her haze of thoughts was abruptly cut off when she heard the sound of the metal doors creaking.

The opponent team entered, some of them with hand of their shoulders and head tilted to the side in order to simulate a stretch. "Damn, I think I'm fucked", [Name] thought to herself after catching a glimpse of Aomori Dadada's team. They were of a muscly built, dressed in the burning red uniform that complimented their tanned skin tones, and of course that intimidating vibe.

"Hey coach, why do we have to play against these weaklings?" Nameoka Ryo, their captain and striker, seeked to irritate the Hakuho guys.

"Adult stuff, last night was incredible!" Their coach chuckled. Yeah, what a way to say they were bought off by the Mikages but go off I guess.

"So we're here to play along with the hobbies of the rich? well whatever," As he got closer to Reo, he said in a quite loudly manner, "Well, I guess we've no option than to crush this naïve rich kid fantasies!" He then finished by aggressively cracking his knuckles.

"Shut up"

"Nice to meet ya, sheltered boy!" Nameoka kept on taunting Reo.

Reo really couldn't care less about the ridiculous statements Nameoka was spitting. Gathering his purple hair into a bun, he replied: "You're the naïve ones, you soccer meat heads. Don't talk about me at your insignificant caliber, simpletons."

The team was left speechless at his bravery especially coming from the team no one knows about. Reo added, "You guys still don't know who the real genius is". Their expressions of surprise changed into a mocking one, holding back their laughs. Until they couldn't hold it anymore and burst in laughters.

"Hahaha, are you hearing this guys? this bunch of twigs think they can beat us— look and they even brought their manager to see their lose" One of them pointed at her; at this point [Name] was fed with their all bark no bite monologue, deciding to approach them and shut them up for once and get to play, she pushed Reo aside and snarled.

"Whatever you're trying to do, stop. First of all I'm a player, not a manager or such. From all the bullshit I heard from your mouth, I'd say that you all are no better than a 10 year old." She snapped with a disgusted expression which her face was eager to show. Actions proved more than words yet there was no action by their part.