V. odd first impressions

[Name] decided to skip classes before going to the JFU Headquarters, what would her teachers  tell her anyways? It's not like they could track her down and force her to do clean up duties after school, unless someone snitched. But then again, that was an unlikely, almost impossible situation.

She had woken up at the same time as usual,  then changed into her uniform in the bathroom; consisting of a button up shirt, a plaided skirt, a a ribbon and knee-length socks: all of this in black and white. It also had a blazer decorated with a black and white houndstooth pattern, which she opted to not wear and go for a dark grey jacket instead. After finishing her morning routine, she gently placed a small peck on her still sleeping brother's face. There was no use in waking him up nor did she want to disrupt his sleep. He shouldn't worry once he's woken up. She took her backpack as well to avoid any rising suspicions.

   ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ ˚୨୧⋆。 ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ

The [color] haired girl walked in half regret of skipping breakfast. Her eyes tried to avert the attention from her growling stomach to the scenery in front.

The sun was already up high in the clear, blue sky as expected from a place where it rises as early as half past four in the morning. Sounds of birds chirping and people rhythmically talking filled her ears. With every step, [Name] felt her hunger escalating in intensity and being tired, she chose to stop by the nearest convenience store; luckily it wasn't located too far from where she was.

[Name] sprinted towards the local, as she thought she was going to pass out in broad daylight from the hunger.

'Ding'

The bell rang indicating the presence of a costumer; this made the cashier perk up for a fraction of second then go back to minding their business— the first thing she noticed was the cold air hitting her bare skin upon entering, alongside the boring, miscellaneous music playing in the background that cheered up none at all. Without a second thought, she went directly towards the pastries section as she craved for something sweet then for an iced coffee.

Dozing off thinking what to pick, she heard the bell ring in the back of her head once again. Soon a conversation striked in a blasting volume, louder for her liking. Said conversation was coming from the aisle next to where she stood, from the tone and the notorious Kansai accents, [Name] figured out they were not from here. Nevertheless, she shrugged it off and went back to grabbing one or two snacks. For a moment she stopped just to hear in their conversations

"I will never see them again anyways..." [Name] thought for herself. She drifted her eyes off from the food and turned her body around to faintly peek through the top of a shelf, pretending to do something else.

"...Ain't it kinda dodgy though? I mean what if it's fake and it was a plan to scam us"

"Calm down, ya really think the JFU gon scam us? 'M going fo sho, I've nothing better to do with my time anyways"

"Well my bad I guess, but don't call me when you're kidnapped and shipped off to a remote island in the Pacific"

"WHAT?!— Hiori-chan you're so mean" He dragged on the last syllables. Although [Name] couldn't see quite clearly nor could she catch a slight glimpse on their appearance, she assumed the other male had been pestering this Hiori guy for a while now.

"JFU... did they get the same invitation? no, it can't be. Maybe it's about something else man, i should get out and get some fresh air." She internally groaned and dragged her feet towards the cashier. She had chosen two fruit sandwiches and a iced latte, and sure it was not an adequate breakfast but she figured that the food at the Blue Lock project would be filling, she took out her wallet, paid and thanked the cashier before leaving.