32

the greatest ; billie eilish

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

3:42 ─────ㅇ─── 4:53

"i loved you and i still do

just wanted passion from you, just wanted what i gave you

i waited and waited"

june 7th, 2021

Celine's sobs echoed through the room, raw and unrelenting. She pulled her knees to her chest, curling into a fetal position on the cold, hard floor. Each sob shook her small frame, tears flowing freely down her cheeks and pooling beneath her. The world outside her grief became a distant murmur, a blur of muffled voices and indistinct sounds. The creak of doors opening and closing, the hushed conversation from the rest of the house—all of it was drowned out by the overwhelming sounds of her heartbreak.

Her mind spiraled in a whirlwind of regret and sorrow. Every memory of their three-year relationship flashed before her eyes: the moments of joy, the shared laughter, everything they had built together. Now, it all lay in ruins, shattered by broken promises and all their unresolved issues. The pain was immeasurable, a searing ache that pierced her heart and radiated through her entire being. It was a pain she wasn't sure she would ever heal from, a deep, gnawing emptiness that seemed impossible to fill.

From the other side of her door, her brother Mateo stood, having just returned home with their mother. He heard the heart-wrenching sobs from down the hallway, a sound that twisted his gut with worry. Mateo quickly made his way to Celine's room, knocking softly at first, then more urgently when there was no response.

"Celine?" he called out, his voice filled with concern. "Celine, estás bien?" [Are you okay?]

But there was no answer, only the relentless sound of her crying. Panic rising, Mateo pushed the door open, the sight before him stopping him in his tracks. His sister lay on the floor, her body racked with sobs, as she sat in a puddle of tears.