The Wild Wolf of Abyssmare

"Oh great... Looks like we got werewolf trouble!" A janitor sighed as he heard the sounds of snarling and scuffling coming down the hall. A normal person might've been far more frightened, but all the studio workers were more than familiar with the... strange condition of one of their frequent patrons. Sophia Smith was her name, and she was a DJ for a four-person unit known as Abyssmare.

Legend had it that she transformed the first time she practiced with the unit's leader and vocalist—Neo Lone—in person, so overcome by the beauty and power of the music, especially when they performed together, that her inner animal finally emerged. From then on, even though Neo was cast as the golden eagle, it was the wolf that became the symbol and mascot of the unit. Then again, one of their main draws aside from Neo's golden vocals was the DJ, so perhaps it was the most fitting that her animal became representative of the unit.

The only problem, the Wild Wolf of Abyssmare was never as romantic or cool an idea as it seemed in theory.

ooo

"DAMN IT, SOPHIA! STOP! GIVE IT BACK!" Louder than the werewolf was the girl chasing her, another member of Abyssmare, Weronika Seperack. The janitor couldn't help but smirk and shake his head.

Even I would not be so foolish as to chase down an angry werewolf. Let her have what she wills and wait until she transforms back! Even the studio staff knew that Sophia was a scaredy-cat at heart. But she had an excellent "cool persona" which was channeled into her inner werewolf's personality. Getting Sophia to do something was as easy as asking. Did they really want to risk it with her more aggressive werewolf form?

Well, if you were Weronika Seperack, the answer was yes. Pride refused to allow her to answer in any other way. "Bad dog! BAD! STOP! LET GO OF IT! DROP IT! DROP IT!"

The dark-furred werewolf snarled and snorted through chipped fangs as she continued to race through the studio with Weronika's bear paw glove clenched tightly in her mouth. She growled, both amused and happy, and addicted to the thrill of the kill and race of the chase.

C'mon, Bear-onika! Think you can take on the Wild Wolf of Abyssmare, Wolf-phia?! It wasn't just that Sophia's affinity for the animal had given Abyssmare its mascot. It had given Abyssmare its very theme and aesthetic. Dark red woods, black forest, blood moon, wild and lonely, unforgiving and violent. Sophia embodied all of that when she embodied her wolf-self. But Weronika embodied it all too.

"YAH!" She finally took a flying leap at the runaway wolf and tackled her to the ground.

"ARF!" Sophia yelped in surprise and pain as her body was brought down, crashing to the ground, Weronika on top of her.

"Gimme! Gimmie it back!" Weronika snarled and cursed like a wild animal herself as she wrestled werewolf Sophia right then and there, smack in the middle of the studio, completely uncaring both of the terrified eyes watching her, and even Sophia as she fought desperately back.

SNIP! SNAP! CLICK! CLACK! Her chipped fangs sought desperately to close around Weronika somewhere, but as a backup dancer, Weronika had more than enough speed, strength, and agility to hold her own, even against an angry werewolf.

"Stupid! Stupid! Dumb dog!" Weronika was dragged on her belly as she managed to cling to Sophia's tail while Sophia tried to run away again. Once Weronika managed to regain her footing somewhat, she lunged and tackled Sophia all over again, still wrestling the mad dog even as said mad dog thrashed and howled and clawed and bit. Nothing she did would sway the mighty and prideful Weronika Seperack!

Only after the last of Sophia's energy had been depleted would her cool side finally subside, no longer able to sustain itself.

"Whew!" Both girls sweated and panted, Weronika on her back with her bear paw clutched triumphantly in her hands while Sophia stood over her, doubled over, hands on her knees. What a workout! For both of them!