19) piper gets dunked on (underwater)

So wattpad suspended my account for two days so i couldn't comment on anything but i'm back! Lets jump back in

Ribbons of scarlet flames burst from the depth of her skin, providing a glow to her face that made her throw her hands further away from her face.

"Let's freaking go!"Ada jumped out from behind Leo.

Jason was... winning? A 2v1 and somehow, he was clutching it.

She just ran, as fast as she could and made it a few meters away from where Midas had frozen his son. (which was damn fast, it only took her seconds.) 

"Curses!" Midas wailed. "That was a naughty trick, demigod. I'll get you for that." He patted Lit's golden shoulder. "Don't worry, son. I'll get you down to the river right after I collect this prize."

Midas raced forward. Jason dodged, but the old man was fast, too. Jason kicked the coffee table into the old man's legs and knocked him over, but Midas wouldn't stay down for long.

"Hey Midas!" The girl has to get his attention off of Jason, who was staring at Ada like she was on fire.

Oh, she was. Not fully, just to the rim of her elbows like a gauntlet. It didn't hurt, but was like a tingling sensation all along her arm.

"You..." Shit, what's a good insult?

"Why fight Jason when you can fight the one and only Anti Midas!"

"WHAT!?" Midas yelled, eyes locked onto her.

"Oh yeah! I'm the president of the Midas hate club! Midas? More like Mid-ass! HA! Suck on that!"

Midas eyes burned. "You've just earned yourself a place in my collection of golden statues, of demigods who don't know their place!"

Midas charged.

^^^

Midas was raging for the simple fact that he couldn't catch her.

Instead of a head on affront, Ada used her agility as her weapon, shooting little shots of fire at him every once and awhile. Turns out that wielding fire is quite draining on one's stamina, especially the first time using it. She was starting to slow down, while Jason searched to get to his flank.

"Jason!!" She didn't know what to ask of him, just anything.

But in the time she was shouting for him, Midas advanced too quickly. His hand touched her shoulder, getting a shout from Jason.  His fingertips were heavy, making her fire extinguish.

Oh gods. She didn't want to become gold, she didn't want to feel her body slowly shift into the heavy metal and weighing down her bones. Would she even have bones?

But that imaginary scene never happened. Midas gave an incredulous look. "What's going on?" He gripped her with his whole palm, yet nothing happened. He backed away, looking to and fro Jason and her.

"Who are you?"

Jason could see the Jason's eyes behind Midas, lit up light lightning. She could feel the air pressure drop, her ears popping.

They made eye contact, and Ada grinned. "Nice perk."

"I don't understand!"

Midas must've felt the pressure, because he stumbled, grabbing his donkey ears. Ada's body swayed, and she supported herself on her knee.

"Ow! What are you doing?" he demanded. "My power is supreme here!"

Thunder rumbled. Outside, the sky turned black.