ice-skating

tropes: actress x cricketer

ships: a. sharma x v. kohli

warnings: none.

》》》》》》》

it was a cold winter morning in london. the streets were still crowded, people going to their work, some people sitting in the cafes sipping on their favourite drinks. it was a peaceful morning.

anushka was sitting on the couch, wrapped in her boyfriend's thick hoodie, wearing some fuzzy socks and a woolen cap on her head to prevent cold. she held a book in her hand and a warm coffee mug which rested on the table in front, sipping on it occasionally.

turning the pages of the book she was reading, her face reflected contentment. she was at peace. enjoying a nice peaceful holiday with her boyfriend by her side, what more could she ask for.

"nushkieeee." sang virat, calling out his lover who was too busy to even look at him.

"yes vi?" replied anushka.

"nushkieeee—" virat whined. he. needed. attention!

finally, keeping the book down, anushka looked up at her man and melted seeing the aight infront of her.

his big brown eyes shining, messy hairs, wet pink lips which had a pout.

"i was saying, we should go ice skating!" he jumped.

"no vi, we might catch a cold." she shook her head.

"no we won't! the ice rink is just half an hour away from here and besides, we will be wearing really warm clothes." virat gave a big smile.

"alright." she kissed his cheek.

"let's go—" virat stood up but anushka cut him off.

"after this chapter." he whined.

well, that one chapter took the whole day and now they were ready to go. finally. it was seven pm and they took a cab to the rink.

virat helped anushka get out of the car after paying their fare. "vi, why aren't there any people here?" she narrowed her eyes at the man infront of her.

"i may or may not have rented this place." virat scratched the back of his neck.

"why would you love?" anushka said softly, cupping on of his cheek.

"i wanted to spend sometime alone with you.." virat pouted making anushka chuckle.

she gave him an upside-down smile and kissed her cheek. "let's go and wear our skates."

he held her hand and dragged her to the area where all the skates werr kept. quickly tieing his skates, he made anushka sit on the bench and made her wear them.

"hey, i will do that." she said.

he looked up in her eyes, smiling softly he whispered, "let me treat you, love."

anushka sat there smiling while virat tied the laces. he helped her step into the rink. the whole time, she was holding the ropes which surrounded the rink.

she saw how skillfully her husband skated all around. his leg movements were smooth. the way he danced and did some moves were. magnificent.

"why are you standing? come here!" virat shouted from a distance.

"y-yeah." she hesitated.

she took slow steps while holding the ropes. as she left them, she got disbalanced but managed to stand on the ice. slowly, she skated towards virat. as she reached him, the skates decided to betray her and she fell knocking virat as well. 

"oh my god vi! i'm so sorry i didn't mean to!" she apologised.

"hey, hey, love look, i'm alright. yeah?" virat calmed her.

"vi, i shouldn't do this—" before she could complete he cut her off.

"oh god! i should've known. you didn't wanted to come in the first place. you came because i was being childish and unreasonable—" this time she cut him off from his rant.

"no! why would you think that? i wanted to come. everything which i get to do with you is the best thing in the world. it's just..." she trailed off.

"it's what love?"

"... i don't know how to ice skate." she finally confessed.

virat chuckled and held her hand, "that's it? is this what you were scared off? sunshine i'm here. i will teach you. c'mon get up!" he stood up first and then helped her to stand. 

he guided her throughout. he kept holding her hand until she herself was confident that she'll do it without any support. virat stood a few feet apart and told her to skate till where he is standing. 

taking slow steps first, she balanced herself and glided towards him. as she was about to reach him, she disbalanced and fell down making him fall as well. again. they heard a crack sound and saw virat's phone screen all cracked. 

"vi i'm so sorry. i knew i shouldn't have done-" she stopped as she spotted the small green coloured velvet box. virat followed her gaze and his eyes widened. "oh god no! it was all supposed to be perfect. we were gonna have dinner and i—" 

"yes." 

did i hear right? virat questioned himself. his trance was broken when he heard the same thing again, "yes."

"huh?" 

"i will marry you vi!" the woman shouted making virat smile.

he had the biggest ever smile on his face right now. words weren't enough to define what he felt right now. "w-what? are you sure?" he questioned like an idiot.

anushka sighed, "of course you idiot! why would i ever say no? i said it earlier but i'm saying this again, everything i get to do with you is the most perfect and the best thing in the world.

virat took the box and made her wear the ring. he kissed her hand and both stood up. he held her by her waist and kissed her. "i love you. so much." anushka whispered, feeling all the emotions, the situation held.

"i love you so much too." he mumbled and kissed her again.  

》》》》》》》

hey sweet readers
hope you liked it.
vote and comment
spread love <3