001.

KAT SIGHED AS SHE SLUG HER BAG OVER HER SHOULDER. she hated school with her whole heart, well, that was a lie, she loved the idea of school, but when it came down to sitting in an uncomfortable chair and listening to nonsense for hours at a time made her want to jump off the nearest building. she got grades, she cared about school, she just hated it.

she only had two real friends, milo and layla, and she loved them to pieces but they barely had any classes together, making their staple together time lunch.

"kat get downstairs! we're going to be late!" liz yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

kat threw on her grey hoodie before running downstairs, grabbing her books on the way. it was noticeably different how the two girls dressed, while kat wore her oversized jeans and her hoodie, liz was wearing a vintage dress with a v-line neck. "relax we've still got like forty minutes until first bell."

the sisters walked out the house and moved towards liz's car. liz always drives kat to and from school because kat has failed her drivers test, twice, but that was besides the point.

as they approached the car they see a certain brown haired boy sitting on the hood.

"hey asshat get off her car!" kat yelled, moving towards the car fast.

he hopped down and put his hands up in an, i'm innocent, pose, with a smirk that told a different story. "what's in your hand?" she narrowed her eyes.

"nothing." he moves the hand behind his back.

"subtle." kat scoffs.

"you're so paranoid buxbaum."

"what did you do to my car?" liz asked, poking the boy in the chest.

"i didn't do anything to your car per se."

"per se?" kat echoed.

"woah watch the filthy mouth."

kat rolled her eyes, making the boys mouth turn upwards into a grin. "this has been fun, and i love your granny shoes by the way liz, but i've gotta run."

"wes-" liz started but he walked away from her like she had never spoken at all. he walked, confidently, once he arrived at his porch and closed his screen door he yelled. "have a good day!"

that was not a good sign.

wes bennett was not the type to wish either buxbaum girl a good day. he was the sort to wish them a dreadful day.

wes bennett and them, especially kat, only because she was oh so easy to get fired up, we're enemies and in a full blown war over The Spot, the only available parking spot at the end of the street.

wes won most of the time much to kat's dissatisfaction.

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹♡

it took nearly twenty minutes to scrape the packing tape off of the car.

after they arrived at school finally the sisters went their separate ways, the pair never hung out during school hours, they contrasted eachother a lot.

their main difference was their perception of love.

liz buxbaum was what you would call a hopeless romantic, she loved love, looked for it in ever corner, when she was young she was in love with one boy in particular, micheal young from down the block.

katherine buxbaum on the other hand, didn't believe in true love and certainly didn't believe in soulmates. she believed in relationships and attraction, but the thought that too people were meant to be together puzzled her, although there was one boy she did like.