8

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Two days into the week and Seokjin is busy with the preparations for the upcoming gala.
The Mid-Year Gala is held by different Chaebol families every year, last year it was organised by the Mins' and trust him when Jin says that it was the best one he'd ever attended since his childhood.
This year it was on them, his father didn't really talk much when Jin went to confront him about the sudden talks of engagement that his mother had mentioned. He just shrugged Seokjin off by telling him that this was his only time to stand out and actually be of help.(like Seokjin didn't really give up on all his dreams to pursue just that.. to please this man who was his father.)

Jin could have argued, made a scene and thrown a fit, but he didn't. He knew the risk that'll follow his one wrong move, he cannot trust his father to not dig up the past and turn him into a laughing piece in the middle of the gala, to humiliate him in every way possible. His father was a man with a stone heart, nothing could pierce it, not even his non-existant familial love.

He looks at the number that's placed above his Gala Outfit.. Lee Bora..
Seokjin wasn't even new to this, he had contacted his dad's secretary and asked a favour from him before anything else. He'd recieved Lee Bora's contact right on cue when his mom had asked him to drop his outfit in his room.
Thanking the old man he dials the number and with a last pause calls her, it rings twice and then there's a long beep before it disconnects.

That night Seokjin is flooded with handling the guest lists and making last minute arrangements, simultaneously checking his phone for any signs of call from Miss Lee.. his eyes dropping in rejection when at the end of the day he sees no response.. he tries one last time and goes to bed when it doesn't change the previous results.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Seokjin is the first to get dressed, get his hair done by the make-up artist who'd arrived at their residence and join his father to the venue.
His father nodded at him in greeting and that was all the gestures they exchanged before arriving at the destination.
He made sure to wait patiently till his father was out and gone before he made his way to the backdoor, searching for his mom's assistant.
He rounded the corner to find her standing there, busy on her phone while she signals him to wait for a minute. He does so patiently.

After she's done with the call, the lady walks to him with the professionalism that Seokjin could never see in anyone else. He grins when he sees her wrinkled forehead.. always the cause of problems.. that's what he has been.

"Why would you even call me out here? Are you trying to run away before the gala?" The older woman accuses, her voice a bit concerned when she takes a proper look at him.

,"I am not gonna do that. Stop worrying." Seokjin smiles, assuring her as he points at himself, moreso to his attire.

"See.. I'm even wearing what mother sent me.. Does this not prove how trustable I am." She pats him on his shoulder and rolls her eyes at his antics.