6

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"Do you need me to take a look at that?" Ken giggled, slightly bending to pick up the sheets that Seokjin had thrown haphazardly on his desk and now sat slumped on his chair with a frown etched to his handsome face.

"Would it make a difference? We've already established that I'm bad at this.." Jin throws his head back, swallowing a whine that would have left him if he wasn't a bit more aware of his surroundings.

Ken was now someone who made Jin feel like he could rely on them, like an anchor. Because if it was not for Ken, then Seokjin would still be burrowed in a pit of self pity and regret, he'd still be going through shit all alone and try swallowing up pills to calm his nerves. (It's not that he doesn't do that at times, but he had definitely lowered the amount of it during their times together.)

He sees a smile blooming onto Ken's face and suddenly he's curious about how this guy, who looks like a perfect example for any parents on campus, has taken upon himself to patch up a ruined soul like Jin's. An ace student helping Jin without really getting anything in return (except Jin's half-assed replies and whines) and that makes his head spin with another load of questions about the blonde that he tries not to let escape through lips.

"You're not that bad, see." Ken shoves the paper to Jin's face, almost slapping it on his nose.

"You got a 30 on 50 in this test. I take it as an improvement." Ken grins, pulling the paper back into the pile.

"That was the test you helped me study for. Tutored me. And I still got 30 after studying for 4 days.. What kind of improvement is that?" He pushes his face back into his arms, trying to hide away from his failures, his life.. everything. (Oh how he wishes he could just disappear.)

A hand finds its way to his neck, and the action is so soothing and familiar that Jin melts into it, he tries not to make a noise of satisfaction when the tension on his body leaves in tiny touches

"You're on the track, don't rush it." Jin nods, then hums when he realises that Ken may not hear him.

"Would you like to grab a bite from the cafe?" Ken quips, pulling his chair backwards and getting up.