-[ BANGLADESH ]-

Country: Bangladesh, বাংলাদেশ

Capital: Dhaka

Population: 169 Million (2022)

Demonym: Bangladeshi

- Despite being 11,000% bigger than Bangladesh, Russia has thirty million less people than Bangladesh. Bangladesh has around less than 10% the population compared to it's neighbour, India.

- The Sundarbans Reserve Forest is the largest Mangrove forest in the world, covering about 539 square miles and sits on the Ganges River Delta, the largest delta in the world. Half of the Delta is in India though, so...

- On the topic of biggest things, Bangladesh is home to the longest beach in the world, Cox's Bazaar. It was named after a British dude, so that explains the funny name.

- Bangladesh did not gain independence from India, but Pakistan. In 1971, it gained independence from Pakistan and changed it's name from 'East Pakistan' to 'Bangladesh'. It's old flag looked similar to modern times, but it had an orange cutout of the country's borders.

- Nearly 700 rivers flow through Bangladesh mostly because the western region is taken up by the Ganges River Delta, but this also means it is frequently effected by Climate Change as in 2020, a quarter of the country was flooded by a monsoon.

- Bangladesh has 6 seasons instead of four: Summer (Grisma ritu), Rainy (Barsa ritu), Autumn (Sarat ritu), Late Autumn (Hemanta ritu), Winter (Shitt ritu) and Spring (Basant ritu).

- Dhaka, the capital city, is known as the 'Rickshaw capital of the world' as they have an abundance of a manually-pulled vehicle called, and you won't believe me, a rickshaw. Yes, there is such thing as an autorickshaw, but at that point it's just a car.

- Due to such a high population in a small area, Bangladesh is the world's most densely populated country with 1,240 per square kilometer.