4.Memories

Elena strides forward, gripping the gun hidden under her jacket tightly

It's been two years since she started her quest for revenge. Two years filled with blood, pain, and death. She's hunted down every member of the cartel that tore her family apart, one by one. But now, she's reached the end of her path. The last person left is the man who killed her loved ones.

Elena stands in front of an old, abandoned warehouse. Its walls are crumbling, and the windows are shattered. She enters silently, her steps as quiet as a predator's. Inside, it's dark, but she knows exactly where to go. She heads toward the center of the warehouse, where a dim light illuminates a figure sitting on a chair.

The man lifts his head, his eyes filled with hatred and... fear. He's the last cartel member, the one who murdered her family. Elena moves closer, her breathing steady, her heart beating calmly.

"I knew you'd find me eventually. I knew one of my own had betrayed me..." the man sneers, tied to the chair. Elena doesn't reply. She just looks at him coldly, her mind replaying every moment of those two years. Every wound, every loss, every death. Now, finally, it's time for her final act of vengeance.

"You know, I've thought a lot about how to kill you," Elena says, her voice icy. "But then I realized death would be too easy for you." The man looks confused. "What do you mean?" he asks.

Elena smiles, a joyless, merciless smile. "I want you to suffer like I suffered. I want you to understand what it means to lose everything you love."

With a swift motion, Elena pulls out a knife and begins cutting the ropes binding the man to the chair. He struggles, but it's useless. Once he's free, Elena punches him, sending him sprawling to the ground.

"Get up," she commands, her voice as cold as ice. The man struggles to his feet, his face twisted in pain. Elena looks at him with contempt, then kicks him in the stomach, doubling him over.

"This is for my husband," she says, hitting him again, this time in the head. "This is for my daughter," another punch, harder.

The man is on the ground, bleeding and helpless. Elena looks at him for a moment, then kneels beside him and whispers in his ear. "And this is for me."

With one final, decisive move, Elena plunges the knife into the man's chest, right where he had struck her years before. She watches as life drains from him, feeling a strange mix of relief and emptiness.

As the man takes his last breath, Elena stands up, the knife still clutched in her hand. She looks at the lifeless body at her feet and realizes her vengeance is finally complete. But instead of feeling free, she feels only a deep emptiness inside.

Suddenly, Elena wakes up, her breath ragged, her heart pounding in her chest. She puts a hand to her chest, feeling her heartbeat and trying to calm down.