Maybe Not

Legend took Moses to the park close to his apartment as Moses got a text from Dave. "The boys are getting food and meeting us at your place."

Legend nodded. "Do they know where to go?"

Moses chuckled. "What's the address?"

Moses sent Legend's address to Dom and Dave. They grabbed food elsewhere and were walking around. They promised to meet them at the apartment.

Legend and Moses sat on a bench and watched people. Moses smiled every time he saw two men walk by holding hands. He wanted to do that.

"Can we try something?" Moses asked. He was watching a couple walk past.

"Sure?" Legend was curious.

"I want to walk through This park holding my boyfriend's hand." Moses never thought he would ever say that sentence.

Legend stared with his mouth open. "Seriously?"

Moses laughed. "Yes! I just watched a dozen couples do it. I want to." He stood up and pulled Legend to him. "Please?"

Legend slid his hand into Moses's and laced their fingers together. "Are you okay?"

Moses laughed as they started walking. "No! I have a boyfriend and I'm holding his hand...in public."

Legend laughed. "I'm not okay either! Same reasons!"

They both laughed as they walked through the park past a large fountain. Moses was so relaxed just walking around with Legend. "So, you can't do this in LA?"

"No!" Moses stopped. "I can. I just don't have the nerve to come out! I really should. I don't know what is stopping me exactly. No one would care but I just can't."

Legend gasped. "I have to come out!"

"I know. I turned you gay!" Moses laughed. "I'm so sorry, Legend but not really. I don't know what this is between us but...I love it! I love you. I can't believe I'm in love!" He pulled Legend in and kissed him. "We're in public and I just kissed you!"

Legend just smiled.

"Excuse me? Are you Moses Hardy from Cold Break?" A young woman was there with two friends.

"Uh, no!" Moses felt the panic. Legend felt it too. He followed Moses and they took off. Legend got them out of the park and into a cab. Moses was quiet until they walked into Legend's place. "Shit!"

Legend sighed. He just sat on the couch and picked up his phone. He ordered his groceries to be delivered. He loved this town. "I'm cooking tonight."

Moses sat beside him. "Okay. So, I'm not ready!" They both started laughing and had to wipe tears from laughter as Dom and Dave walked in.

"We made it and we didn't get lost!" Dave smiled proudly.

"Sorry, you could have stayed with us." Legend stated. "Really."

"Nah, you two needed some time. Are you good?" Dom smiled as he sat.

"Better. Thanks." Moses actually snuggled closer to Legend.

The groceries were delivered and they played some video games. Legend was having so much fun just hanging out with the guys. Dom helped Legend cook dinner.

It was time for bed when things got awkward again. Legend had no idea what to do. Dom and Dave found a couch, they were both almost asleep. The couches were very comfortable.

"Uh, so..." Legend was embarrassed.

Moses smiled. "I'm just tired, Legend. Come on."

He led the way to Legend's room. They changed and laid in bed. Legend had no idea what to do now. Moses slid his arm under Legend's body and pulled him closer. Moses rested his head on Legend's chest. They both fell asleep.