Chapter 11: Chocolate Cake

Rain on a wedding day was good luck, Minjeong remembered Giselle's words. It meant that your marriage would last. She hoped Seulgi would be happy with her marriage, she was a good friend after all, a kind colleague, she made her feel like she wasn't alone in her presence.

The heavy rain pouring down though, felt like supporting her heart. As usual, her plan to forget about her problems never went as planned. Not only she couldn't forget about Jimin for the day, she had to meet her at Seulgi's wedding of all places. And when she made up her mind after sensing that the blonde still had a bit of feelings left for her, she disappeared like she wasn't here from the start.

And her other problem also appeared, only to disappear right after, giving her more things to mulled over. As if she didn't have enough. As if her mind hadn't already been running all the time.

"Don't eat that."

Maybe the rain was supporting her.

Minjeong paused, her ears perked up as the soft voice continued from behind her. "It has chocolate."

Jimin sat down next to her, seemingly appearing from the sky. She sighed, took the plate away from her and gave it to the man following her, standing next to her chair. Minjeong remembered him. It was Ji Hoon.

"Can you please get us something else to eat?" The blonde asked him politely. He nodded and quickly walked away. "What are you doing sitting here alone? I thought you would be dancing with that man."

The redhead quirked her eyebrow, lowering her face to catch the blue eyes staring ahead. "What man?" She teased, earning an eye roll from the young woman, so she laughed and leaned back in her seat. "I didn't get that cake from Mr. Jeon."

Feigning indifferent, the blonde only glanced at her from the corner of her eyes, but her shoulders relaxed from the tension she was having all day.

They were sitting outside, on the terrace of the huge building, sheltered from the rain, away from the party. Minjeong had been wandering around before choosing the spot, she wanted to avoid people.

"Aren't you cold?" The blonde breathed out, earning a curious look from the woman. "With that dress, you must be cold."

Nodding her head, Minjeong smiled. She still cared, after all. "Just a little bit."

"You shouldn't have worn that." Jimin turned her face to look at her legs before looking up at her eyes.

"But you said I look pretty." the redhead teased, raising her eyebrow as if she was questioning her. "Were you lying?" She saw the blonde gulped, blinking her eyes slowly as she glanced down once again. "You don't think I look pretty?"

Jimin looked away, her hand covering her mouth as her cheeks turned red. It was too late though, Minjeong had already seen it and now was jumping inside with excitement. "I think you always look beautiful."

It was her turn to blush. But she kept it down, she held it back, she bit her lip before lowering her body further, begging the blonde to look at her again. "Why were you acting like that though?" Minjeong looked down when the blushing woman kept her gaze away. "You were so cold, and after I poured my whole heart to you too." She sighed leaning back in her seat. "It was like, that night didn't happen."

She heard Jimin move in her seat. "I did a lot of thinking that night." Minjeong didn't dare to look, was afraid the blonde would stop and left her unanswered, so she stayed still, patiently waiting for her to continue. "You were right, it's wrong." She winced, but she kept her lips together, she knew she needed to be patient. "We're wrong for each other."

There was sadness in her voice. Sadness that made her tremble inside. She wanted her to stop, wanted her to say something else. But she couldn't bring herself to stop her. She asked for it, now she needed to listen.