Chapter 21: Better Things

Kim Hyuna never had to deal with people who had more power than her. Yu Jimin might be a fair opponent for her, but she just didn't have enough in her to not let her loose. But her mother on the other hand, was way stronger. This time, Hyuna would never get a chance to escape again as the woman made sure that she stayed locked up.

Jimin didn't have it in her to take her eyes off of Minjeong, treating her like a fragile creature, taking care of her gently as they cried in each other's company for days after that night. She was thankful for her mother though, who was suddenly willing to help them take care of everything else, letting them rest in safety.

With her family involved, including her grandparents, Kim Hyuna was taken to custody in no time, supporting with the surveillance at the school building, she wouldn't be able to dodge the glaring evidence. Her sentence would be worse, way worse this time.

Despite everything, Jimin felt selfish that she was thankful for what she did. Even though she felt like half of her soul left her body that night, she was grateful that at the end, after the danger she was trying to keep away from Jimin met her end, Minjeong didn't have to leave, she didn't end up leaving Jimin.

Though it pained her to watch Minjeong beg for forgiveness that she didn't want, Jimin was relieved to know that the woman wasn't planning to disappear any longer.

"Please eat more." She frowned at the redhead who was sitting up on her bed, setting her plate to the table. "You barely eat, I don't want you to get sick."

Minjeong smiled weakly and shook her head, her swollen eyes looked up at Jimin who crawled slowly next to her, laying her head on her lap. "I'm stuffed." Jimin sighed and closed her eyes when she felt the gentle hand stroke her hair. "You should be at school right now."

"There's no way I'm leaving you."

"I told you, I'm okay. You don't have to worry about me."

Jimin shook her head stubbornly. "Let's just spend the rest of our lives here, I don't want to let you out of my sight ever again." She turned around to face Minjeong. "It felt like I was the one dying."

The redhead smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry."

Her words conflicted with her genuine feeling. "You should be. How could you think about leaving me in the first place? I would die here without you."

"Don't say that." She leaned down and kissed her forehead with a frown on her own face. "I hate it when you talk like that." She bit her lip when she recalled that night, the last few words Jimin said to her before she ran up to her, ready to join Minjeong in her death. "If something happens to me–"

"Nothing will happen to you." The blonde grabbed her hand with both of hers, keeping it close to her chest. "I won't ever let it happen again. I promise."

"Jimin–"

"I can't live without you, Minjeong." She pleaded, her own brows knitted together as her eyes started to get glossy. "I almost got a taste of it, and I know that I would rather go with you anywhere, even if it's death, I'm going with you."

Minjeong sighed deeply and slumped her shoulders in defeat. She wished nothing bad would happen to both of them again. She didn't know if she could handle another Kim Hyuna threatening her, or worse, Jimin. Her actions really overwhelmed Minjeong's heart but at the same time, it also worried her. "You're so stupid."

A smile formed on her face as she closed her eyes again. "Yep, I'm a dumb, idiot when it comes to you."

She chuckled with the same frown still on. "And so proud of it." Blue eyes met brown ones and the two pairs melt in each other's silence, admiring their own view as their inside overwhelmed with their love for one another.