three

~time skip: to miami gp~

Present day

Leilani was currently in Miami. It had been two weeks since the Shanghai grand prix. Lando had finished p2 and Leilani had genuinely been so happy for him. She'd also made an effort to speak to him after the race, just the two of them so she could clear out whatever awkwardness was there from that moment in the garage when she'd sounded so unbothered.

"Lan can I talk to you really quick?" Leilani said to him as she knocked on his and Neve's hotel room.

"Sure." He said, slightly confused and still a bit pissed off at his sister's reaction earlier in the garage.

The two made their way downstairs and decided to walk around the gardens surrounding the hotel whilst they talked.

"Look," Leilani began. "I swear I do actually care about your f1 career. Like I don't fully understand the details of the sport but I get the concept. You all race, fastest car wins and I want that to be you. Even though it comes across like I don't give two shits that's not how it is at all. And I'm trying to understand the sport better I swear."

"Then why were you so unbothered in the garage. Like you couldn't even look me in the eyes?" Lando asked softly.

"It wasn't to do with you. I was so happy for you and I couldn't wait to congratulate you but then when we were walking over everyone was telling me to smile and be happy for you as if I wasn't already, like it made zero sense and then it pissed me off because why does everyone presume I'm not happy for you?"

"I think it just sometimes comes across as like you not caring because of your unenthusiasm and I guess people just don't want it to affect mine and yours relationship."

"True. I see that but I just sometimes wish they'd mind their own business a bit?"

Lando laughed at his sister's attempt to be polite and understanding.

"Well just remember I know that you do care so even if anyone looks or says anything like you said it isn't their business so they don't matter and ignore it."

"Yeah I will." Leilani replied with a smile.

"Oh and in order to help you understand the sport better you can just come to more of my races. I know Jasmine really wants to go and Neve will love having you two with her." Lando said.

"Sure but just know I'm still coming in Mercedes merch." Leilani said with a laugh.

"Oh no that's not happening. I'm expecting a bright papaya shirt with a massive number four on it and my cap." Lando said back.

"I'll consider it." Leilani joked.

"Good. Oh and it better be number 4. Don't try and be funny by picking 81." Lando added.

"Wait, I don't get it. What's 81?" Leilani asked confused.

"Oscar's number?" 

"Oh. No. I wouldn't do that." Leilani replied.

"Good, wouldn't put it past you to be honest." Lando laughed.

"Eh if your teammate wasn't such a prick I might've." Leilani said.

"Woah, what happened between you and Oscar?" Lando asked, shocked as he didn't realise there was tension between the two.

"He's just another one of those who chooses to give their opinion on something that's none of their business!" Leilani replied.