Chapter 31

Silence.

It's so deafening. Not a floor board creak. No breathing could be heard. Death is silent. Death move in the shadows. Death is a monster. Death is the person she's in love with.

Dropping her hand from her face, Ever look around her. Slowly she rise to her feet. She look down at the circle around her feet. She might die step when she step out of this circle. But its a risk she's willing to take.

She take the first step out.

Nothing happen.

Blood cover her feet. She heard claws against the floor. It's echo around her.

"Bubby?"

A figure step out of the shadow. Piercing red eyes stare back at her.

"Bubby?"

The talk figure walk towards her, cloud dripping off him. A struggling cry leave her lips as she run to him.

He catch her.

She ignore all the blood and hold onto him.

"You're OK." She look up at him and he was staring down at her.

"I'm OK." The voice didn't sound like Elijah but she know it's him.

She pull away and wipe the tears from her face. She remove the bracelet and put it on his hand. Immediately he start to change back. She caress his cheeks as they full out.

"Bubby."

Elijah pull her to him, his nose bury in her hair.

"I sorry. I lost control."

"Don't be sorry. I love you all the same."

"I love you."

"I love you more. I think its time we leave here for good."

Elijah step back from her and kneel before her. He open his hand, revealing a beautiful blood red diamond ring.

"Will you marry me Ever-Harmony Valentine?"

"Yes. A million times yes." He slide the ring onto her finger.

"Edward Elijah Blackwell! You stain my floors!"

"Of fuck."

Ever laugh and cry at the same time.