1. Service and Secrecy

(READ DESCRIPTION If you haven't)

Hello, my name's Bailey, I am a German shepherd with a beautiful brown and black coat and a kind and hardworking mindset.

I work as a service dog as my owner is blind and I have grown to love what I do but now it's getting tiring. I constantly have to switch between forms. I hope I won't be caught, but the fear is always there.
The reason why I do this is because I just wish I had a normal life. Being free as a human and fitting in with society properly, imagine how many friends I would make!
But again and again, the sound of my owner's footsteps was like music to my ears, a rhythm that told me it was time to get to work. I can't escape it.

One day, my owner passed away. I was so distraught, I felt lost and confused.
"What am I going to do. I'm going to be alone with no food or water" My friend, whom I named Bird, I know it's not that creative- supported me through this time, and I appreciate him so much. Me and bird became friends through our human forms. My owner took me to a park and set me off duty for a bit as she sat on a bench talking to an old man with his grandson. Sitting alone, I encountered a boy with brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. We talked for a bit, and he ended up slipping his words, revealing he could transform. I didn't believe him, so we ended up running behind a bush to test his theory. And it was true!! I couldn't believe I met someone just like me. I was so excited, but unfortunately, I had to go. I told him that anytime he saw me, probably off duty, he could visit me. He did, and ever since, we've been great friends.

A few weeks pass by and all the food is getting spoiled, I'm scared

A few weeks pass by and all the food is getting spoiled, I'm scared. I go into the fridge and settle on a slice of cheese, I remember my owner feeding me them when I helped around the house occasionally
As I'm eating Bird suddenly appears at my window excitedly flapping his wings. (I open the front door and let him in)

🐦"Morning Bailey!"

🐕‍🦺"Hey Bird-"

🐦 "What's wrong? I know you've been feeling bad but this seems different."

I sit there with a blank expression looking at the ground.

🐕‍🦺"I'm just- I'm so scared. I'm running out of things and I'm worried I might not be able to live here any longer. They're going to kick me out, throw me into a shelter. I-I don't want a new owner! Please n-"

Bird cut me off noticing I was getting extremely anxious

🐦"Hey hey, it's going to be okay. I promise but we need to figure out a plan in order to be okay. I've heard some big news going a around but I haven't quite heard what it is yet. Maybe it will help us!"

🐕‍🦺"Maybe."

🐦"We just have to hope."