Chapter 6

*** Two years later ***

In the blink of an eye two whole years passed. Emily had happily visited kindergarten, making new friends there. She had met Laura on her first day, and the two of them had become inseparable after some hours playing together. Brandon, a very friendly and happy young pup.

For the past two years Emily had created a tight bond with those two children of the pack.

Despite spending most of the time with them, Emily never forgot Kyle. She would ask her mother every weekend, if she could see their Alpha. He never said no, always available to spend time with his young mate. On days of celebration or when they made barbecue in their small garden in summer, Kyle would join them with Marc and Luke. Carol had asked her mate, Matthew, to invite Kyle for dinner tonight. It wasn't a special occasion, but she had decided to make pizzas for the whole family, to celebrate the end of a working week.

Emily, now six years old, was a very curious and energetic girl, that still kept a shy side to her personality, which made her very charming in the eyes of the adults.
Carol remembered the first day of Emily at the kindergarten. Kyle had been so worried about her welfare. If she would feel integrated or displaced. She brought her attention to the present, making sure to take the first pizza out of the oven without getting a burn in the process. As she was placing her master piece on top of a wooden board, the doorbell rang.
"Kids, can you open the door to Kyle?" She asked. Emily jumped immediately out of the sofa and rushed to do what her mother had asked. Emily was a girl that tended to pay attention to others and was always ready to give a helping hand. Her son on the other hand, would consider the pros and cons of the task, before stepping forward with a voluntary attitude.

"Good evening, Carol. It smells delicious." She heard Kyle said, the moment he stepped inside the house, making her smile. It wasn't every day that she received a compliment for her culinary skills.
"Thank you, Kyle." She answered, glancing in his direction. The Alpha had picked up Emily from the ground and was walking around, talking to her. Kyle's voice had always been tender towards Emily. He had also managed to learn, how to control his temper around the little girl.

Matthew came down the stairs, joining them. After saying a quick hello to Kyle, he joined Carol in the kitchen.
"What do we need?" He asked her, opening already the drawers where they stored the plates.
"If you could set the table, it would be a great help already." Carol said, placing the next pizza in the oven. Her mate jumped into action.

"How was your day, Kyle?" Matt asked while setting the table in their dinning room for them to eat.

"Good. I passed my day changing some training schedules." Kyle made a short pause, placing Emily on the floor. "I think I will talk to the gym teacher to give some fighting lessons at school. It would be great if we can find potential warriors in younger ages. With that, we could focus their education and development." The Alpha said, walking towards the table and sitting in one of the chairs.

Carol heard Jackson pose Emily a math question.  She sighed. Since the beginning of the week, the first day of Emily in the primary school, her older son had decided to convert his sister into the best math student. He would ask questions, for now still simple for a boy in the third grade, but still difficult for Emily. Carol was worried that her daughter would end up disliking mathematics because of Jackson.

Carol was still in the kitchen and had just finished cutting the pizza as a strong different scent reached her nostrils. She looked around the room, confused. She noticed that Kyle and Mathew were doing the same.

——————

Kyle was in the middle of a talk with Mathew, when the most welcoming scent reached his nose. Like Mathew and Carol, he also looked around the room. There were no more adults between them, which meant that one of the kids had had the first contact with its wolf. Kyle's wolf reacted immediately, in a very positive way, giving him the answer to the question that everyone had inside their heads. That meant that his mate would start having new abilities, such as better speed and agility, a better sense of smell and vision.