Chapter 2 ~ Red Carpet

(Imagine she's wearing this dress)

7 hours later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The black satin dress hugged my waist a bit too tight for my own liking, but who cares, i'm going to the brits. Liam and Louis are pressed against each side of my body in the black SUV and the road outside is crammed with screaming fans and aggravating paparazzis. I feel my anxiety spreading throughout my body and unconsciously I start bouncing my knee up and down. I try to take deep breaths to calm myself down. I close my eyes. Breathe in. 1...2...3...4...Hold. 1...2...3... Breathe out . 1... 2... 3- I feel a hand on my knee and open my eyes. Louis strong hand has a firm grip on my knee and I instantly stop bouncing it.

- Relax love, it will be alright , Louis whispers in my ear. His hot breath nudges my neck, causing a shiver down my spine. I nod as I let out a shaky breath, slightly relaxing my tensed up body. I know that I will need alcohol to get through this night.

The cab stopped right outside the red carpet. The door opens and plenty of cameras flashes instantly. Liam is the first one to get out. He offers me his hand and I smile softly as I take his warm hand. I look around the crowded place. The air is filled with expensive perfumes, chattering and solemnity. Louis walks out of the car as well. I glance back over my shoulder and notice Niall, Zayn and Harry getting out of the cab behind ours. My eyes meet Harry's piercing green eyes and my eyes wonder down his body. His skinny black jeans are hugging his long legs tightly. He's wearing a shirt which, in my opinion, would look horrendous on anyone else, but somehow Harry makes it look hot. Harry, Zayn and Niall walks up to the rest of us.

-Ready to go in? Niall asks, breaking the silence. I nod and we start walking towards the red carpet, Louis and Liam leading the way. We take place at the start of the carpet. We line up, me standing between Niall and Harry. Liam stands on the end next to Harry and Zayn stands in between Niall and Louis, who stands on the other end. The cameras flashes, making me a bit dizzy, but I've started getting used to it by now. I smile softly to photographers opposite of the carpet. Looking at the boys, I kind of feel overdressed. Niall's even wearing a fucking leather jacket. I take a deep breath, forcing myself to stop overthinking. Shake it off Florence, you do fit in. All of a sudden I feel a strong hand gently touching my lower back. Sparks fly down my spine and I feel a hot breath against my ear.

- You look beautiful, Angel, Harry whispers quietly into my ear. The side of my mouth curves slightly upwards and I melt on the inside.

- You don't look that bad either, I whisper back, still smiling to the cameras. He chuckles into my ear, his breath hot, causing the hair on my arms to stand straight up. I smirk slightly as we walk down the carpet. An interviewer waves us over and we walk to her, Harry's hand still lightly touching my lower back.

-And here we have them, One direction! she exclaims into the camera as we walk up to her. Look at you guys, so handsome! The camera sweeps in front of us, showing off our outfits. The guys are smirking flattered. Wow Florence, that is one bold dress to wear! she chuckles lightly and I immediately feel uncomfortable. I smile awkwardly as I start picking on the skin around my nails. So who's the lucky man? she asks and point the microphone towards me. I look at her confused.

-Excuse me? my smile drops.

-I mean, you have to be wearing that dress to get someone's attention, right? she says with a hint of mocking. I feel Harry's hand slightly grabbing my lower back a bit steadier now. He leans towards the microphone.

- She can wear whatever the fuck she wants, it's no one's business. She's wearing it for herself, and she looks perfect. His gaze pierces into the interviewer before he leads me away from the carpet with the help of his hand on my lower back. When we get into the arena, where the awards are gonna be held, he let go off my back and his head down slightly so I can hear him over the loud music. I'm so sorry about that, don't listen to her.

- I wasn't. I look up at him and smile softly as I shake my head slightly. He returns my smile with one of his usual smirks.

-Good girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Help I'm so tired I need to sleep.