Chapter 4 ~ the winner takes it all

The beautiful girl on stage smiles as the crowd lowers their applauds. She looks like the kind of girl who makes everyone's heads turn as she walks by. I'm not really religious, but she  definitely is one of  gods favourites. I glance down at my stomach that the table thankfully covers from the cameras and I straighten my back in my seat.Why did I insist on wearing such a tight dress?

"Hi everyone, my name is Rosie and I'm going to present the winner of the global success award" she speaks clear out to the quiet arena. Even her voice sounds angelic. I watched how her rosy lips formed the words confidently. Maybe I'm not that straight after all.

After a few moments she slowly opens the envelope that has the results in it. All of a sudden I feel a hand on my thigh and I look down to see Liam's strong hand. I smile to myself and put my hand on top of his. I can feel the nervous energy around the table. It's not like we haven't won before, believe me we're used to it by now, but there's still something special every time before the winner is announced. The nervous butterflies fluttering in your stomach mixed with the quiet room waiting for the final words to be spoken and the alcohol that's slowly showing its impact makes it all so... amazing. Almost like you're high.

She glances down at the envelope before she looks back up with a wide smile, her white teeth showing.

"I've followed these guys journey since the beginning on X factor, so im delighted to say the winners of the global success award are... One direction!" she exclaims happily as the crowd erupts in clapping.

I feel like I'm on a high as she reveals us as the winners. The boys stands up around the table and I follow their example. I lean over to quickly hug Niall to my right and Liam to my left. The people in the arena is cheering us on as we make our way to the stage. The story of my life is playing in the background as We walk up the small stairs to the stage in a line. Liam, Louis, Niall, Zayn and lastly me. We hug Rosie one by one. When I hug her I catch a glimpse of her sweet scent from her perfume. The alcohol in my system is fizzing as we turn to face the crowd.

"Has anyone seen a curly headed one?" Liam asks through the microphone. It's not until now that I realize that Harry still hasn't come back since the.. accident. I look at Zayn and Louis in confusion but I'm just returned with confused looks as well.

"The curly lad.. well, there's only five of us now" he continues as I stand next to him and Zayn. That fucker.

Liam keeps going with his speech as I look out at the thousands of people sitting in front of us. Is this the peak of my career? The peak of my life? How am I supposed to know. What if I'll never be able to stand in front of thousands of excited and slightly tipsy people as I receive an award. What if I don't realize that this is the peak, until it's already over. My gaze flashes over the crowd as I try to suck in this feeling.

"I don't know where you are Harry... there he is running!" Liam suddenly exclaims as I'm disturbed from my deep thoughts. I look back over my shoulder and I notice Harry running towards the stage as the cheering is getting louder. His messy curls are hanging over his forehead. Before he reaches the stage he quickly run his fingers through his hair. I look at him, still slightly embarrassed about the situation earlier. Liam hands the microphone to Harry.

"I'm really sorry, I was having a wee, the toilets are ages away" harry says as the crowd erupts in laughter. Oh and Niall of course.

"What did we win?" Harry turns to me and whisper into the mic. As he does that, a sweet scent of, what I assume is, a women perfume reaches my nostrils and I feel my heart dropping. Did he meet a girl while he was away? I feel myself involuntary clenching my jaw as he starts his thank speech. Did he really do that? Why do I care? It's not like I like him like that. I try to shake off the thoughts and feelings as we walk down from the stage. Fuck.

We all sit back down around the table, the award placed in front of us. I glance at Harry who's happily sipping on a glass of champagne. The way his pink lips touch the rim of the glass and how the champagne makes them glossy is so... mesmerizing. No. What am I doing. I can't help but tense up and I look at the bowl of bottles in front of me. A clear bottle of liquor catches my eye and I grab it. I unscrew the bottle and pour the liquor into a glass in front of me. No one's paying attention to me anymore. Before I regret it I grab the glass and let it meet my lips as I lean my head back. The strong liquid flows down my throat, leaving a burning trace. I squeeze my eyes shut and cough slightly.

"You okay, love?" Louis asks me as I cough, turning attention to me. I nod to try to keep myself from coughing the liquor back up.

"I'm okay" I say breathlessly as I soothe my burning throat with champagne. The lads chuckle at my attempt to make them believe I'm alright.

"If you say so" he mumbles with a teasing grin.

As the evening goes on my head is getting lighter and the bottles in front of us gets emptier. Plenty of winners are being announced and I look at all the beautiful people around me. Humans are so pretty. It almost makes me teary eyed. The way we cheer each other on. The way our laughs can fill up a whole room. It's all so... I don't even know what I'm thinking about anymore.

Up on the stage Bastille is performing. When did they even get up there? I have no idea. All of a sudden a camera approaches our table as well as James corden.

"Let me just squeeze in right here" he mumbles quietly as he sits down on a chair in between me and Niall. After a few minutes the lights flashes at us and the screens in the background on the stage pans to us at the table.

"Well done to Bastille, now look who I'm sat with, ladies and gentleman" James says into the mic as he holds his hand out to show us. The arena is filled with cheering and clapping as our faces fills the screen.

"Are you having a good night Liam?" He continues as he reaches the microphone infront of me to hold it infront of Liam.

"Yeah we're having a wonderful night" he says with one of his typical grins.

James continues to chat. I glance over at Harry and notice that he's already looking at me. His green emerald eyes staring directly into my blue ones. I don't think I've ever really seen his eyes. The black circle in the middle almost pushing out the green completely, probably because of the beverages he's consumed during the night.

"Florence?"

I feel a hand on my thigh and I look around confused as I'm snapped back into reality.

"What are your plans after the awards?" James ask, as I clear my throat, the microphone a few inches from my lips.

"Oh uhm, I don't really know yet. I think there's an after party that I'll probably go to" I mumble, slightl out of it all. James glance at me slightly confused before he stands up and keep on going with the "show".

I don't really know what's going on. I feel so... weird. I look over at Niall who's smiling to me.

"Want a shot?" He mumbles with his teeth showing.

"Yes please" I mumble quietly as he hands me a small shot of some clear brown liquid. Before I give it to much thought I toss my head back along with the shot, another burning trail finding its way down my throat. As I lean my head back I notice Harry still looking at me. What is he doing? Didn't he hook up with a girl just a few moments ago?

I swallow the burning in my throat as I look at Niall again.

"Let's do another one" I say shortly. He smiles satisfied and pour some more of the liquid into the glass.

"Thats the spirit, baby" he responds playfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My longest chapter yet:)) anyway I didn't really have the energy to write so good with this... but let's just face forward:)