Chapter 3

In the morning at Cloud Recesses, Lan Wangji elegantly walked out of the Cultivation chamber. He was a little stunned by the sight of Wei Wuxian, who was already standing outside wearing his silver mask.

His eyes stayed fixed on Wei Wuxian as he walked slowly towards him, not looking away even when he was already in front of him.

Staring at each other for a few seconds, Wei Wuxian scoffed. "You aren't suspecting me, are you? I've been sleeping for sixteen years-"

"Of course, I believe you." Lan Wangji cut off Wuxian's words, not wanting to be misunderstood by him.

"But, where did it get infected by the dark spirit of the Amulet?" Wangji curiously asked.

"Normally, that's impossible. I have already destroyed the Amulet, which broke into pieces." Wei Wuxian sighed deeply, shaking his head as if he was already tired of thinking.

"If someone gathers all the pieces..."

"That won't help. The Amulet has been destroyed, it's useless to have pieces... Unless... Unless they could use Yin Iron to restore another Amulet." Wei Wuxian said. Both of them looked at each other as they realized something.

"It was Xue Yang!" The two enthusiastically said at the same time.

"Actually, I always had a question in those days. It's said that Yin Iron is intelligent and suppressed in four directions. It sounds like there are four shards of Yin Iron. But I don't think so. If Xue Yang has one shard on him, plus the sword made of Yin Iron I took out from the Xuanwu cave, there's at least five shards of Yin Iron." Wei Wuxian explained.

"Therefore, Xue Yang may be able to restore the Amulet." Wangji added, making Wuxian nod in agreement.

"But he also needs the pieces of my Stygian Tiger Amulet. Otherwise, even if he's extremely brilliant, he can't restore the same thing." Wei Wuxian looked at Wangji as he continued to speak.

"Lan Zhan, I and the infected sword ghost appeared in Mo's Manor at the same time. Have you ever thought about how low the possibility was? Jiang clan and Lan clan had tried all their efforts to find me but failed. I don't even know where I was myself. But how did this crazy Mo Xuanyu know where I was? Also-"

"The man in black in Mo's Manor." Wuxian nodded again at what Lan Wangji said. "And the manipulator of the Dancing Peri illusion." he added as his grip on his flute tightened.

"Anyway, whoever this person is, they are all coming for me." Wei Wuxian exhaled deeply at the thought of what will happen next.

"Wei Ying..." Lan Wangji looked at him as if he was about to say something. Wei Wuxian raised his eyebrows oddly, but then Wangji avoided his gaze again. "Nothing.." he said as he sighed.

" he said as he sighed

"Aiyah, Lan Zhan. You're making me curious, what is it?" He unconsciously went closer to Lan Wangji and held him on his shoulder.

Wangji stared at him deeply with his usual poker face before his eyes went to Wuxian's hand that was holding his shoulders. As if receiving a warning, Wei Wuxian hurriedly removed his hands from Lan Wangji.