Chapter: 2 Aziza

I look at myself into the looking glass, presently being adorned by ruby cut jewellery to go with a beautiful red tunic studded with ruby.

When a ruler holds a ball to choose a hand in marriage any man or woman in youth unwedded and of the Patrician class must attend. No one foresaw such a ball in the land of love after three centuries.

Mother enters my chambers and asks my attendants to leave. She takes my hand in hers," Darling you look like a goddess."

I give her a smile not full of joy." I and thou father know that thou hath fallen in love, if we hath known about the ball we would have thou married to your lover butan we know not of him , everywhere under the sky we looked upon."

"Neither do I , where he is ? how musst he be no one knows may the fate weave so that I am not the one she wants ' to tie the knot' with as the southerners say ,I believe. For mother I cannot make fool of myself that would be a blight upon the JULIA."

" Worry not mother ." At that she smiled sadly .

                                                                                _______________________________

It was a grand supper the greatest banquet, as Queen Aurelia sat at the head of the table , a silence fell upon the room, for everyone had to know who might be her betrothed.

Methinks Queen Aurelia loves the anticipation on everyone's face she uttered no words but urged us to continue dinning.

After supper the announcement was made 

               "The one whom the Queen choses to be her betrothed

                                                                                         to be her wife

                                                                         to be her  Augusta  is

                      Julia's  Aziza "