𝟎𝟎𝟏

-𝟏𝟗𝟏𝟗-

                                          -𝟏𝟗𝟏𝟗-

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 if Lilian Shelby had changed through those four years,and they would say yes,someone would lie and say that the young girl changed in a bad way,others would say that she changed for the best.

Her brothers sure took notice of her behavior,
she no longer was the little girl they had left.
She now was a young woman that didn't always
joke and smile but think and smirk.

Why? well because she had grown,and without
having her brothers home she had to look after
her two siblings and aunt most of the time,
and let's just say that  being a Shelby wasn't the easiest thing in Small Heath.

"What time is it guys?" Claire asked,
the group of friend just woke up after drinking
all night in their "secret" spot,it basically was
a house in an abandoned street of the city where
teenagers older then fourteen would reunite and
have parties,Marius mumbled something trying to get up.

But he didn't know that his brother was sleeping on
top of him,as soon as Marius got up Marcus
fell against Jordan's back that made Lilian and Marianne fall on the floor near Claire's head,
"God's sake,you bloody idiots!" Marianne
shouted

"we really need to stop waking up like this"
Lilian got up rubbing her eyes,she looked at the clock "fuck Polly is going to kill me" she then ran out the abandoned house to go to her own house.

As soon as the girl stepped into the house she had all eyes on her. Polly was sitting right in front of her
on a chair while her three brothers were standing next to their aunt,in that moment Lilian knew she had fucked up again.

"where have you been girl?" Polly had a strange calm tone "at Jordan's" Arthur took a step forward clearing his throat " Lils uhm.. y'know you go out in the evening and you come back in the afternoon?.."she nodded "well.. we decided that you won't leave the house,expect for going to school..."
Arthur looked at Tommy and then at Polly "and..well you're grounded,for..for aaa month" he finished
nodding his head.

Lilian looked at him trying not to laugh "yeah right,
keep dreaming about it" she went to the stairs but Tommy stopped her "it's not a joke Lilian,you'll do as we say" she challenged him with her eyes
"no I won't"

"come on Lily it's no big deal,just for a month"
John stepped in, "i have too many things to do in a month"
"like what?" Pol asked "nothing that concerns you"

"Lilian" Tommy called " you'll do as we say end of discussion" he picked up his jacket and leaved the house followed by his brothers that glanced at their little sister.

"Come on Pol,you can't be for real"
the older woman threw her cigarette in the fireplace
"oh yes we can,you need to understand that you can't do whatever you want,especially with your brothers"
the girl ran to her room angry at her aunt not siding with her.

Lilian locked her bedroom door,the girl sat at her vanity looking into the mirror,she noticed a scar on her jaw,she remembered her younger self playing with John and Arthur.

They were racing and little lily fell on the street
banging her head on the sidewalk, she remembered
Tommy running to her,he picked her up and took her to their house.

The young girl smiled at the memory but soon turned to her apathetic look,

she got up and took a box from underneath her bed,
her hands found the familiar silver blade as soon as the box was open.

She knew that she shouldn't do it but there was something that urged her to do it,maybe her nervousness or the lack of energy to vent to someone, nobody cared anyway.

Lilian rolled up her sleeve to look at her wrist,the old cuts were just white lines,for a moment she hesitated
but the moment after the blade was on her wrist making new marks.

If you're asking yourself why she was doing it,nobody could answer not even the girl in question.
She liked hurting herself,and she was angry at her brothers, for someone this isn't a logical thing to do but for the Shelby girl it was. She just couldn't help herself she liked the shiver that ran down her spine when she cut her wrist,she liked seeing the blood imaging it as her brothers blood,it wasn't an insane thing it was pretty normal,right?

Like nothing happened the black haired girl was eating her dinner with her family,she watched Finn and ada trying to steal Arthur's wine as always,and her three oldest brothers talking with her aunt,everything was as usual.

If you watched them daily you'd think that they were just a normal happy family,but in reality they were everything but happy,even little Finn could sense that.

The three youngest siblings often thought about running away and start a new life where nobody knew them,but they wouldn't go far.

Lilian for sure knew that,one time she got on the train and arrived to Liverpool,her freedom lasted just two days,cause of her uncle Charlie finding her.

It was like a curse,you could go as far away as you wanted but the Shelbys would always find a way to reach you,there was always something that
reminded you of them,at the end you'll always go back to them,alive or dead,
always always always.

After all everyone knows that if you touch something that is cursed nothing could get you out of it,not even the gipsies.The Shelbys were cursed for life,
and if you don't already know that you'll soon find out for yourself.