Chapter 6

2nd day of the event. Buti nalang there are a lot of students who registered on our booths. I decided to roam around first to check if everything was going great.

"Can you help me po with this Kuya Pogi?" I heard a cute little girl kaya napatingin ako. Umupo si Justice beside her and assists her with the painting.

They are talking and laughing. This was the first time that I saw his soft side. I'm glad to see this side of him. He's calm with kids even when they are bombarding him.

"When it comes to painting, it's okay for your hands to get paint on, we can just wash it off later. Okay?" I saw the little girl happily nod and look at me. She immediately ran towards me and pulled me to her table where Justice is cleaning the paintbrush.

"Ate ganda, look at my painting. Is it pretty?" I fixed her hair. I looked at her painting, it's a playground. I didn't expect that from a Grade 2 pupil.

"Wow, you did a great job. This one's pretty! Is it your first time painting?" She nods at me with a wide smile. Cute.

Iniwan ko na muna sila to check the other booths. There are booths na kinulang sa art materials so I have to get some later before lunch since I have to pick up my gift for Kuya's birthday.

"Oli, what do you want for lunch?" I asked him. Nasan kaya yung powerbank ko?

"Where are you going?" He handed me my powerbank so I thanked him before I tie my hair on a messy bun.

"I'll just pick up something nearby and I'll get some art materials na din. Daan din ako sa Jollibee-"

"JOLLIBEE NANAMAN!" Umupo si Lucas sa tabi ng bag ko. "Pwede iba naman?"

"Edi bumili ka mag-isa ng pagkain mo." I rolled my eyes. Bahala ka hindi kita bibilhan.

"Hooyyy! Madam joke lang naman. Sorry na, hindi na ako magiging choosy." He hugged me tight so I pushed him away and his face. Ang baho ng hininga nito. I heard Oli's loud laugh.

"BRO ANG BAHO NG HININGA MO! ABOT HANGGANG SAKIN! AMOY BAWANG!" Binato ni Oli kay Lucas yung paintbrush kaya tumama sa noo.

"Alis na nga ako! Ang baho ng taong to eh. I'll get you something nalang, Oli." kinuha ko na yung susi ko tsaka mouthwash sa bag.

"Ako din uy" pagmamakaawa ni Lucas. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Toothbrush bibilhin ko sayo, mas kailangan mo." binato ko sa kanya yung mouthwash. Kain kasi nang kain ng Boy Bawang.

Pagdating ko sa parking lot, I saw Justice leaning into his car. His left hand is in his pocket, and he is playing his key with his right hand. Bigla siyang tumayo the moment our eyes locked.

"Do you mind if I join you?" He smiled at me. Naalala ko yung napag-usapan namin ni Ate Faith.