Chapter 4 A Break

Mars pov

A few hours later, Phobos and Deimos came home from school while I and Ceres were on the couch watching a movie. "Hey, Dad we're home." I hear Phobos alert me. I then see them walk into the living room to see me. "Oh, he's still here," Phobos said in a rude tone. "First of all, all call them by they/, hem and their name is Ceres," I tell my children. Then Deimos says "Is that our mama now?" And my face lights up red from that response. "No, Ceres is just my friend." I quickly said to my kids. "Okay, whatever you say," Phobos, says leaving Deimos to their shared room.

"Sorry about Deimos, he's only four, so he doesn't understand," I tell Ceres and turn my head their way. But their face was covered in a bright red spreading from ear to, ear covering his cheeks. "I something wro-" I was stopped by seeing a tear running down their face.

Later, after what felt like a day that lasted forever, it was time for bed. I had already told Phobos and Deimos to go to bed, and now it was time for me and Ceres to go to bed. "Hey, Cer Cer it's getting late," I tell them but don't know why I said Cer Cer. But they immediately turned their head in shock, and they also had a red-covered face. "Ummm, let's just go to bed." They had already gotten dressed in a tank top and some fairly short shorts that I had found earlier. "Night Cer Cer," I said, turning off the lights on my way to my room. And I said it again. What is wrong with me?