I Don't Care At All

When I attended the first Brahman meeting, I was caught off guard by all of the cameras that were seemingly pointed to the fighting ring in the middle of a giant coliseum like room. 

"This is so that wealthy people can watch the fights and bet on who would win." Senju explained to me. It sounds a little sadistic to me. I spent majority of the time watching the fight before Senju ordered for the cameras to be shut off. Then, the real meeting began. 

"We have some new members," Senju hollered over the crowd of Brahman members, "And they're names are Takemichi Hanagaki and Valerie Delrey!" 

The crowd began to cheer at the mere sight of me. She handed me a Brahman jacket and I put it on, proudly. Draken was looking at me the entire time, seemingly disappointed as I had told him I wasn't changing my mind about taking down Mikey for what he had done and what he is currently doing. 

I turned to Senju, who had the proudest expression on her face as she looked around to the crowd that was continuously cheering. I was amazed at how many people were excited for me to join Brahman, but I guess because of my reputation that I had built up, they expected none the less. 

The meeting didn't last long as I was walking outside of the building, I felt a hand pull me into the darkness of an ally way. I nearly went to punching and kicking before I realized who it was - Rindou. 

"Shh, Val, please... just listen." He said as he backed me into the wall and covered my mouth. 

"What the fuck do you want?" I managed to say after swiping his hand away from my mouth. 

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I fucked up, royally. Ran did too." He kept on and on. I rolled my eyes and went to walk away before he grabbed my wrist, pulling me back. 

"I don't want anything else to do with you, Rindou." I said as I wanted to slap him for talking to other girls while begging to be with me. 

"I know, I was drunk. I have a drinking and partying problem and I know I was wrong, please don't leave me." He begged and pleaded. 

"I don't care at all what your problems are. What I care about is how I feel and how I will be treated and what you did? Was uncalled for." I stood my ground with him, it was over for sure this time. 

He stood there in deafening silence as I turned to walk the other way. I didn't ride in my car due to it being such a nice night and a short walk. He began to follow me before I heard the sound of another bike coming from the direction I was walking in. I stopped mid tracks, thinking I was for sure in trouble this time. 

The tall, dark, figure got off the bike and walked straight towards me, then past me. He was headed to Rindou. Before I knew it, he had punched Rindou in the face, knocking him clean out. I began to run, trying to avoid myself of trouble. 

"Valerie!" I heard a familiar voice call my name as I was going to jump the fence. I stopped dead in my tracks, scared to turn around. That voice... was so familiar. 

"Val, it's me, you're safe. I promise..." He kept saying as I refused to turn around and face him. I was wearing  Brahman jacket and I knew that if it wasn't one of the members from Brahman, I was in trouble and would have to fight. Good thing I was ready. 

I heard his footsteps get closer and closer as I prepared myself for one of my deadliest kicks. He tapped my shoulder and I spun around, drop kicking him to the ground. He fell with a thud and let out a groan. 

"Okay... that fucking hurt." He said before gathering his means and standing back up, Rindou still passed out in the background. He looked up at me with those heterochromatic eyes and wide scar across his face. 

"Kakucho..." I muttered out. 

"Yeah... I wanted to come talk to you and I figured you would be here with Draken and Takemichi so I waited outside on the other end of the ally so nobody would see me." He was dressed in normal attire: black jeans, a grey T-shirt, and a black jacket due to the rain with boots. 

"Why do you want to talk to me, huh? You fucking left me!" I was pissed. I could've slapped him right then and there but decided that the instant kick to the jaw would suffice. 

"I wanted to come and make amends with you. I've been hearing things about you and I wanted to try and make things right between us. I'm sorry..." He said while holding his aching jaw. This man for sure can take a hit. 

"What have you heard?" I was curious to know. Who the fuck has been talking about me within Rokuhara? 

"That you and Rindou got together and you were now apart of Brahman. South is pissed." He said, stepping closer to me. 

"That's it?" I tilted my head, "What else have you heard, huh?" I was catching a hell of an attitude with him. He ignored the question, seemingly pissed at the response he wanted to give in the first place. 

"South wants to talk to you, cousin to cousin." 

"So he sent you here?" I said, stepping closer to him. 

"No, I came on my own free will to see you. Can we please just go somewhere more private to talk? There's a diner down the road that's open and we can sort this all out. I'll even pay." He gestured towards his bike. 

I nodded my head and walked over to his bike after looking as Rindou as he tried to get up. Rindou made eye contact with me and I flipped him off as I sat on the back of Kakucho's bike. I was never going to be involved with him again, especially with his drinking and partying problem. 

We reached the diner where there were barely any people in it. Since it was about midnight, it made sense. We sat down at a secluded table and I took off my Brahman jacket and hid it underneath. Kakucho just stared at me while the waitress came over to take our order. 

"I'll have water with a steak meal, medium rare, and whatever the lady would like." He said in a monotone voice. 

"I'll just take a burger meal, no onions, please." I said as she wrote down the order. 

It was then that I realized just by looking at him, the feelings that I used to get in my chest were resurfacing. I was nervous, yet excited to see what he had to say.