4

TW:// PHYSICAL ABUSE! you've been warned

Returning home was probably my biggest mistake that night. I was gone for about 7 hours. When i returned home i was exhausted. I'd left around 7 and returned at 3 am. But my mom had been waiting on me the entire time. The second i crawled back into my window she was there. "You ungrateful whore. Who do you think you are?" She says coming towards me. "I bet you were out sleeping around." she continues. "It's not like that" i managed to squeak out. Before i could say anything else i felt a sharp pain go across my face. She slapped me.

"Don't you dare talk back to me" She strikes me again. I felt the tears fall as she continued to scream at me. Even if i got used to her behavior it never took away the sting that her words brought. I loved my mom I always have which makes it hurt worse. I wish she loved me too. After a few more minutes of her yelling she finally stopped.

"get out" she mumbled. I couldn't hear her at first but it clicked once she repeated it. I didn't waste any time. I grabbed all my important stuff and packed it all up into a suitcase. It was official. I was officially dead to my mother. As if that really mattered when she's been treating me like trash on the side of the road my entire life. She hated me and even though she was kicking me out the house at 15 and possibly ruining my life forever i would never understand why.

Through tears i walk out the house. I text one of my close friends from junior high asking if i could stay with her. It was late at night but luckily she said yes. She lived alone ever since junior high school so it wasn't much of an issue for me to come stay with her. Her parents passed away at the hands of a villain when she was 9 and the state had been paying for her housing and schooling ever since.

"Thank you truly, You don't understand how much you mean to me" I say hugging her. "It's okay! I'm always here if you need me" She says through tired eyes. I felt bad for waking her up but i truly had nowhere else to go. That night was probably the best sleep i've had in a very long time. Being at home, I was always stressed and could never catch a break.