Chapter 38: Not destined to be together?

4000+ words

Hey everyone first of all I am really sorry for the late update and thanks for understanding me.

Secondly Destiny has crossed 100k reads! A very big thank you to all the readers who support me and helped me to come this far.

When I first started writing Destiny I had no idea it will ever reach this far!!! I use to see others stories and be amazed how amazing they are doing but I never thought I will hit this milestone too.

The amount of love you all have given to my book is insane. All this wouldn't be possible without you guys.

You are more then welcome to leave a small review of my book here in the comment or in my dm. May it be good or bad I will love to hear a honest review from you all.

Let's start
Happy reading 📚

Shivi's pov:

Currently, we were at the reception. After all the drama and chaos, the cruelest person I know-my husband, standing right beside me-had finally decided it was time to leave.

Standing at the reception, I felt an uncomfortable prickle. If you're wondering if my hands were still tied, no, they weren't. The "great" husband of mine had "rewarded" me with the freedom of my hands for being good-his words, not mine. I had rolled my eyes at him when he said that.

So what's making me uncomfortable? The stares. The receptionist was looking at me as if I had grown horns on my head.

What's her problem? I frowned. Does she know me? I don't think so. Forget it, let's focus on something else. And by something else, I mean my devilish husband. I turned towards him who was on a call with Vikram.

He looks so serious when he talks. But when does he not look serious? Slowly, my eyes drifted to his neck, and instantly, heat crept up my cheeks. The red hickey was glaringly visible on his milky white skin. This man, ahhhhhh!

I controlled the urge to grab him and button up his collar, knowing that would only attract more attention.

I looked around to check if anyone else had noticed. The receptionist shot me a teasing smile, making me realize why she was looking at me like that. God!! Abhi-sorry, Abhimanyu-is driving me crazy. Did we really switch places? Wasn't driving him crazy, my job?

My mind went to what happened in the room before coming down to the reception.

《Flashback 》

I was sitting on the bed, observing Abhimanyu as he admired the hickey on his neck with a smirk. I knew he was doing it on purpose because he knew I was watching him.

I scolded myself a thousand times for the mark I left on his neck yesterday, but it was never enough.

One wrong action could lead to trouble, and I needed to be careful. He shouldn't believe he meant anything to me.

"You should really cover that up, Abhimanyu," I said, my voice purposely rude and sharp.

"Cover it up? Why?" He turned towards me with a teasing smile.

"Because it's embarrassing," I said, trying to sound sharp, but failing as heat crept up my cheeks.

"Embarrassing? I think it's quite the opposite. It shows the world that I belong to you," he said, causing my heart to skip a beat. I knew he was repeating the same line I said yesterday when I was drunk, and he meant nothing when he said, "It shows the world I belong to you."