Chapter 40: Enough with these games

5000+ words

5000+ words

Guys I want you to read the chapter slowly there are many things happening in this chapter and many times laps and change of places mentioned in this chapter so don't get confused though you can always dm me if there is any confusion.

Happy reading 📚

--------------------------------------------------------------

Abhi's pov:

"I can't shake the feeling, Hitesh. Something happened four years ago, and I have to know what it was," I insisted over the phone.

Hitesh, who had been diligently helping me investigate the events of that time, sounded just as frustrated as I felt. "I'm trying, sir. But there's nothing out of the ordinary. Everything matches your account. Mr. Malhotra and Mrs. Dikshit did leave together from Mumbai. All the evidence supports this. It all points to her willingly leaving with him. It seems she betrayed you."

My jaw clenched. A few weeks ago, I might have accepted this conclusion, but after reading her diary, I couldn't believe it. I could accept the sun rising at night before I could believe that Shivani betrayed me.

"No, Hitesh. We must be missing something. Dig deeper. I need to know what really happened back then," I said with determination. "Go to any extent necessary, but find the truth."

"Sure, sir," he replied before I ended the call.

A month of investigating had yielded nothing suspicious. It was as if the truth itself was eluding us, as if someone wanted us to believe the surface story, the story that was all too convenient.

But my heart refused to accept it. I was determined to dig deeper, to uncover the truth.

Staring out at the view in front of me, my mind raced. There are three types of truth in this world, The first is the truth you can see with your own eyes. The second is the truth that others want you to see, and the third is jo sach mai sach hai jo sirf do logo ko Pata hota hai. Ek usse jiske saath vo hua ho aur ek usse jisne vo sab kiya ho.

(The third is the ultimate truth, the one only two people know: the person who experienced it and the person who caused it.)

My face hardened as I spoke to myself, "I don't know what happened or who did it, but I do know who's suffering because of whatever transpired back then. And she will be the one to tell me what exactly happened..."

I turned, my eyes fixing on the door just as the person I was thinking of walked in.

"What the hell is this, Dr. Abhimanyu?" screamed my wife, looking like a cat ready to pounce on whoever had disturbed her sleep.

"Two and a half hours," I said, ignoring her outburst.

"Kya? Two and a half hours, Dr. Abhimanyu? I'm telling you, how can you-" I cut her off.