Gone Fishing

Bonus Chapter

Song: Haoloto by Te Vaka

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

On the peaceful island of Motunui, Moana and Aliikai were at the other side of the island, staring out from the horizon. Then Ocean formed and made its way to them. The two sisters saw the Ocean coming over and were happy to see it. Moana kneels to get closer to the Ocean as it comes before Moana pets it gently and Aliikai watches them with a smile on her face.

Somewhere else, Mini Maui was seen sleeping on a tattoo hammock, and is snoring loudly. And Maui was doing the same thing, sleeping while snoring loudly. Maui came to visit his friends and decided to stay for a while. As Maui and Mini Maui slept, Mau's stomach rumbled loudly, causing the Demigod to wake up and sit on the hammock along with Mini Maui. Mini Maui fell off his tattoo hammock by Maui's tummy rumbling and suddenly sat on his hook, letting out a squeak of pain and quickly pulled off the hook from his butt.

"Wakey, wakey, Maui's gotta eat." Maui said as he got off the hammock and walked off to find food.

Back to the Waialiki sisters, Moana was continuing to pet the Ocean's tentacle when a fish suddenly swam up to see Moana. The fish smiles at Moana and Aliikai, causing Moana to smile back at the fish. Aliikai, on the other hand, was thinking if she should get the fish and eat it. As they played around, they were cut off when Maui dropped some coconuts and a basket next to them. This startles the Ocean as it withdraws back with the fish.

"Take it somewhere else, kid." Maui said as he uses his foot to push Moana away from the edge towards Aliikai.

"You don't play with the ocean." Maui stated as Moana and Aliikai got up and walked over to their friends. Maui looks at the ocean with a hint of mischief and says. "You command it." Maui sits on the edge and orders the ocean. "You!" Maui points at this hook. "Fish!" He then dunks his hook in the water. "Now!"

As Maui fishes, Mini Maui shook his head at Maui's behavior before gesturing the Demigod with his hands to Moana and Aliikai. Moana just shrugged her arms at him with a smile while Aliikai just rolled her eyes. That's when the Ocean appeared next to them while looking at Maui. That's when Moana and Aliikai looked at each other for a few seconds before mischievous smiles appeared on the sisters' faces. They both turned to the Ocean, who turned to look at them, before Moana gestured her head towards Maui. The Ocean understood and agreed before it made its way to Maui secretly. Maui was able to catch a fish. It was the same fish that Moana and Aliikai were playing with. However, he missed catching it and the fish was tossed to the other side. Maui chases after it but he fails to notice the Ocean going into a small hole on the island. As the fish landed, they saw Maui was about to grab it as the little fish shielded itself. Then the ocean becomes a geyser and shoots water at Maui, making him wet, and throwing the fish out of Maui's reach in the process.

Moana and Aliikai hold their laughter at the sight. Then Maui lifted his wet hair and gave them a blank look before he glanced down at Mini Maui. The tattoo brings down the scoreboard that has Maui and Moana & Aliikai on different sides as he gave Moana & Aliikai a point. Moana smiles and shrugs her shoulders while Aliikai hides his laughter. Maui just glared at them before turning to the fish and balled his hands into fists. Seeing this, the fish hops away from the Demigod, causing Maui to chase it.

Te hakiliiga o te haoloto

E mafai koe ke nofonofo

Tokatahi te auala

Taua mo tatou olaga

As Maui chases the hopping fish, the Ocean foils his plan as the Ocean shoots water from the holes, sending Maui flying multiple times whenever he is near any geyser holes. Maui fell on his back with a shock look on his face. Mini Maui gives two sisters another point at their scoreboard. Moana smiles as she crosses her arms happily while Aliikai smirks happily. Maui then looks at the fish, who was looking at him, before the Ocean squirting little water on a geyser, gesturing the fish to jump. Seeing this, the fish smirks at Maui before jumping next to the geyser while saluting as the Ocean shoots a stream of water out from the hole, sending the fish away from Maui's reach. Maui quickly got up and grabbed his hook before turning into a giant hawk and flying after the fish.