Chapter 8: For Your Sake

"If that company is really up to no good, we have to find out what they've been doing this whole time." Isabella said to William, a sign of doubt.

"We can do that, but so long as we don't have enough proof, well, there's not much we can do. Best bet is to solve this case first."

Isabella sighed. "What's your suggestion?"

"I say we go back to Technofair Hall. There may be some other clues that we've missed."

"Good idea. Let's go."

But just when Isabella wanted to take a step away, she suddenly tripped over a small hole on the street.

William quickly held her arm tight. "Woah, careful there."

Isabella blushed. "Thank you."

"Yeah, you're welcome." William let go of her arm, his face slightly turning red. "Now, let's go."

***

William and Isabella revealed themselves inside the Technofair Hall.

"Okay, be honest with me, William." Isabella suddenly turned her head to face William.

"What is it?"

"Am I pretty to you?"

William's face brightened. "What kind of a question is that?"

"I'm just asking."

"Why?"

"Cause...well, you're handsome in that outfit, not gonna lie." Isabella blushed.

"I already said to you before that I live by my family's rules, one of them being dress to impress."

"I know, but hey, you look even more handsome than you were yesterday."

William closed his eyes, feeling deeply embarrassed. "I do think you look pretty, Isabella."

"Really?"

"Yeah. That's the answer you've been wanting, right?"

Isabella gulped, proceeding to answer nervously, "Of course not."

William shook his head. "Anyway, we have a case at hand, so let's not waste our time complimenting each other."

Isabella nodded. "What did Astra find?"

Astra rejoined the two, bringing back a letter and an old photo.

William grabbed the letter. "It has Rudolph's name on it."

"What does it say?"

William squinted his eyes-for context, he's not wearing his glasses, but can still see-and said, "'Juliette, meet me at Mistybloom Park ASAP.'"

"What?" Isabella put her hand in her chest. "William, why do you want to meet Juliette?"

"That's what the letter says."

"Oh- well then, I must be losing my focus."

"Matter of fact, you already are."

"Sorry, what?"

"Nothing. I'll call Juliette to the station."

Isabella nodded. "Anything else?"

William grabbed the old photo, examining it closely. "It's Rudolph and Michael in their high school days."

"Okay? What's so interesting about it?"

"Well, Rudolph didn't look happy in this picture. Their friendship must be rough."

"There's only one way to find out." Isabella put her hand in her chin. "Does Astra accept another voice?"

"As of now, if not mine, Dae's." William lifted his shoulders. "But I wouldn't go so far as making Astra accessible for everyone. Don't wanna overwork him."