✷ 021: A Confession.

TOO FAMOUS ! by KissLeclerc
February 12, 2024 # "I Don't Know."

               ONCE THE EVENING APPROACHED, Reneé and the others eventually left Devyn and Ollie alone in the dorm. After hours of plotting, planning, and discussing, the four girls decided that perhaps an Australian spring break could be arranged, and that felt nothing but exciting for them.

Well. Most of them. Kinda..

As everything was getting settled, Devyn found herself somewhat indifferent with a nagging ache eating at her body. She felt a mix of anxiety and hesitation, especially as her relationship with Ollie was progressing faster than anticipated.

It was just a sudden realization.

It was not uncommon for her to feel these random outbursts of emotions, it was a usual thing she struggled with. Ollie knew little details about it as she has barely opened up about it, but right now, she felt like something needed to be mentioned, but she didn't know how to bring it up.

She wanted to at least let him know what he was getting into.

Which was having an anxious girlfriend.

From being unsure to what everything will lead to in the future, the terrifying idea of him possibly leaving her one day that seemed to be haunting her deeply, and just the lingering thought of her family being unaware of her relationship with a certain someone, Devyn felt stuck, and she was unsure about where to start when it came to tending to these emotions.

Lying beside Ollie on her bed as the two watched Adventure Time on her laptop, she had a fleeting sense ticking at the back of her neck, it felt permanent to her as she rubbed it constantly, and he obviously noticed.

Thank god.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asked, reaching forward to pause the show to give her his full attention.

"I'm okay." She hesitantly glanced at him as she mindlessly picked at her nails.

"You're a bad liar." Ollie sighed as he adjusted his seated position, closing and pushing away the laptop so he could properly face her.

"It's fine—Don't worry about it." Devyn shook it off as he took a breath, straightening her posture like he did.

"I don't want to pressure you, so I won't. But just know that when you talk, I will listen." He rubbed her back.

Finally looking at him with a small weight lifting from her shoulders, she softly smiled as he leaned forward to press a kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you." Devyn let out a brief and soft laugh. "But really, I'll be okay. I don't wan to burden you with my issues." She pursed her lips. Ollie quirking a brow in response with a cheeky, but suppressed grin.

"Not a thing." He replied, shrugging at his shoulders.

"What?" Devyn furrowed her eyes brows as Ollie brought her closer. "You being a burden... Not a thing." He mumbled as she let out a laugh.

"You're my girlfriend... reminder.."

"Not even for a full 24 hours yet, you doof." She snickered. Her smile slowly fading away as her mind lingered back to her previous state.

"Don't care." Ollie shrugged. "I just wanna know what's going on in that pretty little mind of yours." He playfully poked at her head as she glanced at him with a small grin.

"Try a severe anxiety disorder." She tried to play it off casually as he just nodded in understanding.

"Tell me more?" He looked her in the eyes with a soft gaze. Wanting to solve every puzzle piece in her brain and protect everything her kind soul has to offer.