✷ 028: Home Sweet Home.

TOO FAMOUS ! by KissLeclerc
March 14, 2024 # "Oliver."

"OUR GIRL IS HOME!" Hiro Suzuki exclaimed as Devyn walked into her beloved childhood Manhattan residence. A smile on her face as she set down her bag and lanyard of keys before bringing her parents into a hug.

"Missed you guys." Devyn said in satisfaction as she felt the comforting embrace from her mom and dad.  "HI BABIES!!" She squealed, looking down at her two dogs; Klaus and Kiko who were jumping on her in excitement. "Oh, that's a good girl!" She rubbed Kiko's belly.

"Good flight? How much was the taxi? Do you need money? Are you tired?" Her dad interrupted. Quickly tending to her needs and bombarding her with questions that lingered through his subtle Japanese accent.

"My flight was okay, nothing too crazy happened." The girl said softly as she stood back up and discarded the headphones that sat around her neck, setting it aside on a table. "Taxi was decent, don't worry about paying me back." She insisted.

"And I'm exhausted. But! Also very hungry."

"Perfect!" Her mother smiled. "Your dad has prepared dinner for you." She rubbed her daughter's shoulder before bringing her into another hug.

"IS DEVYN HERE?" The familiar voice of Max called out from the staircase. "DEVYN!" The boy caught glimpse of his older sister before rushing down the steps to engulf her in a big hug.

"Oh! Someone's excited!" She laughed as he lifted her off the ground, tightly wrapping his sister in a hug.

"I missed you." He frowned as he set her down. Devyn proceeding to push him away in a playful manner of disgust.

"Girl, it's only been two months." She huffed. "But oh my god, you've grown so much more?" She continued before glancing up at her brother who seemed to have had a growth spurt since the last time she saw him.

"I am now a whopping five foot ten." He crossed his arms and smiled cockily. Standing up against their dad who was clearly shorter. "You think I'll reach six foot?" The sixteen year old boy began to flex his biceps as Devyn shot him a disgusted glare, looking him up and down.

"It would be a miracle." She snickered as his expression fell dead, standing up straight to stare at her in disbelief.

"Am I taller than your boyfriend?" He asked knowingly as her face sat unamused.

"Not a chance." Devyn shook her head.

"Oh! He is coming tomorrow, right?" Her dad was quick to rejoin the conversation and ask.

"Can we discuss this while I eat..." She requested as her stomach grumbled in hunger.

"Yes. I'll get you a plate ready." Her mom pat her back and excused herself to the kitchen.

"Let me put my bags in my room." Devyn said through a yawn. "Max, help." She glanced at her brother with a knowing stare.

Nodding quickly, Max was quick to help his sister with her luggage, happily hauling her decently sized suitcase upstairs as she just carried her backpack.

"Do you still sleep in my bed?" Devyn asked as she walked into her room. Her bed a slight mess as Max glanced at her with a superseded grin.