016

Romeo Hines

Romeo Hines

I dragged Jasmine into the empty room at the warehouse, my heart pounding with a mixture of anger and frustration. How could she have done this? Betrayed me like this?

"Jasmine, wah the fuck wrong wid yuh?" I demanded, my voice low and dangerous.

She laughed nervously, trying to play it off. "Romeo, baby, it wasn't like that. You know me care bout you."

"Yuh care bout me?" I spat, incredulous. "Yuh throw weh Samari note and ya come tell me bout fuckry,"

Jasmine's expression turned defensive. "Just did a look out fi yuh, Romeo. She nuh good for you."

I shook my head in disbelief. "Yuh nuh get fi decide that. Plus doh interfere inna me life."

Anger flared in her eyes. "What, ya guh choose her over me? After everything we guh through?"

I took a step closer, my voice a deadly calm. "Stay away fra me Jasmine." I fire a single bullet in her left leg.

" I fire a single bullet in her left leg

Samari Jordan

I stood at the door, stunned, as I read the note attached to the bouquet of flowers. My heart raced with a mixture of emotions-anger, confusion, and a flicker of hope. Romeo had sent me flowers, but why now?

Taking a deep breath, I looked around, half-expecting to see him standing there. When I spotted him in the distance, walking slowly towards me, my heart skipped a beat. Part of me wanted to slam the door shut, to shut him out and protect myself from more hurt. But another part of me, the part that still loved him, wanted to hear him out.

Love him? That's new

As I looked into Romeo's eyes, I saw the sincerity and love that had drawn me to him in the first place. Despite the hurt and confusion of the past few weeks, a part of me still believed in us, in what we could be together.

"Come inside." I said softly, feeling a weight lift off my chest.

Romeo's face lit up with relief and gratitude as he followed me into the apartment. We stood uncertain of what to say or do next. Then, he pulled me into his arms, and I melted into his embrace, feeling a sense of peace wash over me.