Round 2: Intermission

TW: mentions of violence/ fighting, cussing, sexual tension, author comments
A/N
Hey-yo. I've decided to do double chapter updates on my fics so you have more to read each week. This is a long chapter, about a 1000 something words.
__________________________________

"Hurry up San, you got fights to win and money to make for me." Wooyoung sneered as San made his way to the car, slower than usual.

San was taking his time to get to the car, only because he knew it'd irritate Wooyoung. Plus San was teasing him, it was his favorite hobby. He never knew why but making Wooyoung squirm and get agitated because of him made San shiver.

(A/N: NAH cus San is a sadist 😔)

Once he finally made it to the car he could feel Wooyoung's irritation radiate from beside him. Yet, he started the car and drove them both to the underground ring.

It was a relatively big ring. It held several contestants and viewers. San being a fan favorite, and Wooyoung his manager. From the start it was the two for them, slowly taking over the whole ring.

Wooyoung's persistent nagging and love for money making San push himself harder. They needed each other, no matter how hard they denied it.

Eventually they pulled up to the parking. Emerging from the car, the two roommates walked through two separate doors. One for fighters and one for managers. San and Wooyoung walked in, without exchanging words.

"Welcome to Matz Underground Fighting Ring. Today's highlight is a fight against Choi San and Chan Ung. You can place your bets at the office. Good game to you all"

"Woah Woo, your fighter is going against Chan Ung. You think he can win?" Questioned Honjoong, one half of Matz, the owners of the ring.

"He has to win, whether I believe in him or not." Wooyoung coldly responded, closing his locker and walking to where the fight would be held. But before he left he turned once more and stated," plus...we have an arrangement."

"Hah...I'll never understand those two." Voiced Hongjoong, in slight shock.
**********
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO TONIGHTS HIGHLIGHT. THE FIGHT BETWEEN CHOI SAN AND CHAN UNG. HOPE YOU PLACES YOUR BETS BECAUSE THIS FIGHT IS GOING TO BE A GOOD ONE!"

The crowd cheered with building excitement at those words. Everyone with high expectations for what was going to come.

San was in his corner getting ready for a fight e knew he would not lose. Wooyoung on the other hand was watching San from outside the ring. Studying the way looked trying to find any uncertainty. He took the chance to go over there and give him the same pep talk as always, with a slight modification.

"Hey! Remember if you don't win this one, you do another one and win. Or else you won't be staying in the same house as me."

San, like usual grinned. He's heard that "pep talk" a billion times, and it always pushed him. But lately, it's been doing more than that. It's added fuel to a flame that shouldn't have been lit in the first place.

"Hmmm... you know I don't believe that. You'd probably "beat me" but not kick me out" San proclaimed slowly leaning closer to Wooyoung.

"Yea and you would like that wouldn't you?" Wooyoung said also leaning in, inches from San's face, "and I'm the whore."

Scoffing San moved away getting ready to move to the center of the ring thinking Wooyoung had finished. He hadn't realized that Wooyoung was far from done which made him yell in shock when he was pulled by the arm.

Wooyoung looked straight into San's eyes, digging his nails into his arm. He couldn't believe San had just walked away, he wasn't done, and he was going to show him. Even if it meant risking a loss.

"Why'd you walk huh? I wasn't done speaking to you." Wooyoung spat applying more pressure on San's arm making his head light.

"Look at me Sannie, don't go all limp now, you're better than that. Look at me!" This time Wooyoung let go of San's arm and gripped his hair forcing him to look in his eyes.

Yes, he was a sadist, but San also had masochistic tendencies, and it was noticeable. He was out of it, not like Wooyoung that morning, no. What San felt at that moment was lust, pure lust. Even if San was more dominant, sudden situations like this made him feel weak. Especially if it was Wooyoung.

"Aww is Sannie out of it?" Wooyoung asked pulling his hair, expecting a response. Which he got in the form of a nod.

"Well too bad. You have to out there and fight, remember? There are several people here waiting for you to beat Chan Ung up. Can you do that? Can you?"

There it was again another pull. It was the fourth time in this one sided conversation that Wooyoung pulled San's hair. Neither of them cared that they were in public, they never did. This was between them. Plus no one would hear with the crazy crowd screaming, but you could tell something was up. Just not what you'd expect.

Wooyoung took a good look at San. His expression was one you wouldn't see often, but he enjoyed it when he did. His eyes were glossy, mouth slightly open, dazed, and hanging on every word Wooyoung said.

Wooyoung knew their dynamic, that's why he does what he does. He can't help it, but why would he?

The referee looked over to where the roommates were, and asked Wooyoung if they were ready to start. Wooyoung held out five fingers, signaling how much more time he needed.

"Sannie~ did you hear that? Your fight starts soon. You have to snap out if, or you'll lose. And you don't want to lose remember?" Coaxed Wooyoung, moving San's head by his hair so they would make eye contact again.

"You're going to win right?"

He just nodded.

"You'll win and make me money?"

He nodded again.

Gripping San's hair one more time Wooyoung leaned in and whispered, "you'll do it all to satisfy me."

With that San shot up and Wooyoung let go, heading back to his spot with a grin. San on the other hand still shaken. He just realized what happened. He just understood what Wooyoung did. He jeopardized his chances of winning money all so San would lose, and San doesn't lose.

The referee took San moving closer as him being ready. He started announcing the fight but San couldn't hear him. All he heard was Wooyoung in his head. The referee brought the bell up to his hand ready to ring it.

Damn you Wooyoung. You slimy bastard, I'll get you back.

"Start!"

A/N

Oh my sweet baby Jesús, that was a lot of words. Hope you enjoyed.

Written: 7/26/2023
Published: 5/22/2024
Word count: 1160