New Keeper

Sci walked toward the Munchkin House where he would be working. He had been hoping to work as a vet for the zoo, but hadn't made the cut. Instead, they'd offered him a job at the Munchkin House. He had needed a job, so he took the offer. Now, he was walking out at 5 am on a Sunday to meet his co workers and learn the ropes.

"So, you're Sci?" Asked the human girl. "Yes, are you my mentor?" Asked Sci. "Yep. My name's Spill." She said(Staintale Chara). "Follow me."

Spill showed him to the back. "Alright, first thing's first. Food prep. We have to make a variety of food for them. Each typically prefers what their animal counterpart likes, but because of their monster half, they can eat just about anything." Said Spill.

"These are mealworms. We have several munchkins who enjoy them." Said Spill showing him where they were kept.

"This is where we keep the fruits and vegetables. We slice them up and mix them together. We typically change up the mix to give some variety in the diet." She said.

"This is where we keep the meat. Some of them do enjoy it, but it's not as popular as fruits and vegetables." She said and showed him how to cut it up.

"And here we have nuts. We mostly leave these whole or sliced in half." She said.

She led him into one of the pens. "We have feeding areas in all the enclosures. The enclosures are also all connected. You can fill the feeding bowls, leave food in a pile in a spot, and scatter a bit around for a challenge. We also sometimes put in enrichment toys and treats. You should've seen what happened when someone put a coconut in here." Said Spill. As they made a pile of fruit slices on a rock, a blur suddenly dove down. Sci leapt back, startled.

"This is Stitches. She's a sugar glider munchkin. Her gliding membranes magic, so it can be summoned and unsummoned." Explained Spill. The munchkin grabbed a grape and began eating. The munchkin stood around four inches. "She's a small one for a sugar glider type munchkin." Said Spill. "Huh," said Sci. A little later, a squirrel type munchkin Spill called Blue popped down for some food.

Spill then showed Sci to the camera room where he would monitor the munchkins as well as a couple binders with the information of the different munchkins. Sci settled in for his shift and began leafing through the binders.