191-200

Chapter 191: Anger Attacks the Heart Chapter 191: Anger Attacks the Heart

Dong Ying repeatedly hired people to do bad things to Liu Juan, causing her to lose her job for various strange reasons.

Liu Juan, however, is like the indestructible cockroach and the weeds that grow again in the spring breeze. Her strength and endurance are astonishing.

It's also a bit boring.

Dong Ying decided to stop.

After issuing the order to cancel the plan, she said to Su Yue: "This Liu Juan is probably not a bad person by nature. If it were someone else, she would have fallen or collapsed long ago."

“Do you really think so?” Liu Juan’s kneeling to beg Ling Hanyun had left a deep impression on Su Yue, and she couldn’t get rid of the label of doing things unscrupulously: “What if she has a bigger appetite? She has some spare money, and she can get more experience by doing more jobs. What does she have to be upset about?”

"You mean, the test for her hasn't been done yet?"

"It's not that you didn't do it right, it's that your method is too gentle. A Rui, Qu Zhuo and the others said that instead of going through so much trouble, it would be better to just drive her out of the capital."

"It's not like I haven't thought about it, but when Xiaoxuan grows up, he will definitely seek out his origins, right? What should we say to him then?"

"You are absolutely right. In this case, let's leave Liu Juan's matter as it is for now. But godmother, I think you'd better be careful of Liu Juan. Her character is really not that good."

Su Yue really wanted to tell Dong Ying about how Liu Juan had knelt down to beg Ling Hanyun.

It's a pity that Ling Hanyun insisted on keeping what happened back then a secret.

She had promised Ling Hanyun and she couldn't go back on her word.

Su Yue's guess was correct. Liu Juan had already broken down. However, she was used to hiding her emotions, so others could not see the anger behind her calm demeanor.

Whenever she thought of the tragic fate she had encountered after coming to the imperial capital, she felt like vomiting blood.

I have cursed God countless times.

However, she was angry and scolded Xiaoxuan. Because of her deep and selfless love for Xiaoxuan, she could not do anything irrational. She did not dare to show even the slightest decadence in front of outsiders. She was afraid that Dong Ying and Su Yue would see her in such a state and that they would forbid her to approach Xiaoxuan because of her image.

Xiaoxuan is like the little prince now. It would be fine if she was well-behaved, but if she was a "crazy person", it would be strange if they didn't reject her.

After Liu Juan lost five jobs due to bad luck, she finally got a chance and found a job as a side dish cook in a restaurant.

Finally, no inexplicable strange things happened and she did the job smoothly.

Moreover, she and Liu Xuejiao seemed to be destined to be together. After she had been working for nearly a month, she discovered that Liu Xuejiao actually lived nearby and she would pass by her house every day on her way home.

Although Liu Xuejiao and Liu Juan had no friendship before, now, as Liu Xuejiao said, when they go out, they are filled with tears. The two equally lonely women have gradually become good friends.

Liu Juan gradually learned about Liu Xuejiao and Wu Yufeng's divorce, and Liu Xuejiao also gradually learned that Liu Juan was Xiaoxuan's biological mother.