CHAPTER 1 : ELITE'S BACKGROUND

In a spacious room dominated by a black and white palette, a man was peacefully sleeping. Suddenly, another man entered and respectfully called him "Sir." The man in bed stirred, picked up a remote control, and the curtains slowly parted, revealing him in black pajamas. He had a chiseled jawline, sharp eyes, and a distinctive mole between his eyebrows and beside his eye, making him undeniably handsome. He reached for a glass of water on his bedside table, drank calmly, and then looked at his assistant.

"Are you ready, Sir?" the assistant asked.

"Not yet. Let them make their moves first," replied the man, his voice cold and confident.

"But Sir Krittin, you know how much they want to bring you down," the assistant reminded him with concern.

Krittin simply glanced at his assistant before getting out of bed. He walked to his balcony, overlooking the vast cityscape. His condo stood tall in the bustling city, a symbol of his dominance. Krittin owned the entire hotel unit, multiple resorts, and hotels, and he ran one of the largest AI companies in the world. His family, known as elites, controlled vast businesses and wielded significant influence.

"Let them tire themselves out," Krittin said, his tone filled with steely determination.

He sat on the couch and instructed his assistant to bring him warm milk. The assistant swiftly prepared Krittin's laptop and cellphone. Krittin called his team, directing them on their next moves. He glanced at his assistant and gave a slight nod, the signal to begin coding. As Krittin entered commands on his laptop, the value of his assets surged instantly. Calls from his shareholders flooded in, but Krittin ignored them, waiting for updates from his assistant.

Moments later, his assistant returned, beaming with excitement. "Success, Sir! Our percentages are significantly higher than those of the competing companies."

Krittin smiled subtly, pleased with the outcome. He walked over to his assistant, giving him a reassuring tap on the shoulder before heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

After his shower, Krittin dressed in black trousers and a black long-sleeve shirt, exuding an air of sophistication and power. His walk-in closet was more like an entire room, or perhaps even an entire condo unit, filled with luxury watches, shoes, and meticulously organized attire. He selected a Richard Mille watch, a testament to his wealth, as most of his watches were either customized or rare collectibles, each worth a fortune.

As he stepped out, his assistant was waiting for him.

"Sir, you didn't come home last night. Sir Phoom was waiting for you," the assistant informed him.

"Let him be. Just make sure my brother doesn’t belittle him again," Krittin responded, his tone cold and commanding.

Krittin and Phoom had been married for two years, but their relationship was strained, their interactions more like strangers. The rift stemmed from an incident that changed everything.

Flashback

A younger Krittin clung to Phoom’s hand, desperate to stop him from leaving for New Zealand. For the first time, Phoom raised his voice at Krittin.

“You’re too clingy! That’s why my friends are avoiding me!” Phoom shouted.

“But you promised me, Kuya! You said you’d always be my friend and never leave,” Krittin pleaded.

“We’re grown up now, Krittin. We have our own lives to lead. We can’t always be together,” Phoom replied, frustration in his voice.

Growing up surrounded by immense wealth, Krittin had no real friends. His life was filled with business meetings, charity events, and endless company obligations. Phoom was the only person he considered a friend, their families’ long-standing relationship further cementing their bond. However, the difference in their backgrounds was stark. Phoom’s family, both artists, lived a more modest life compared to Krittin’s, whose family was entrenched in business empires and high society, known as elites.