Chapter 6 : Romantic Rain

While Phoom was keeping watch over Krittin, he felt the subtle movement of Krittin's finger, and when he looked at Krittin, he saw Krittin slowly opening his eyes. Krittin gazed back at Phoom without saying a word, but then he closed his eyes again. Concerned, Phoom quickly asked the doctor about Krittin's condition, feeling panicked. The doctor holding Krittin reassured him calmly.

Doctor: He's stable, just tired. Sometimes, he might just want to see who's around him before he feels comfortable enough to rest. Just wait a little longer; he'll be okay soon. Keep us informed when it happens.

As the doctor left, Phoom suddenly questioned him again.

Phoom: Sir, how is he really doing with his illness?

The doctor looked at Phoom, and Doctor remembered Krittin's words before his surgery.

Krittin: Sir, please don't tell anyone about my condition. I don't want them to worry more.

The doctor looked back at Phoom and said,

Doctor: We're still assessing, but everything will be okay in the end.

Feeling saddened and guilty, the doctor left, knowing how serious Krittin's illness was and how his past accident had already caused so much pain to Krittin and those close to him.

While Krittin slept, he dreamed of the day when he was utterly exhausted, the first time he felt such intense pain. He remembered the day and time clearly. It was at a private party where gambling was rampant, and almost everyone was dressed in black. Krittin, impeccably dressed with his hair perfectly styled, attracted many glances and drink offers due to his striking appearance. Sometimes, he found himself at the center of attention.

He noticed a familiar face glaring at him, triggering Krittin's anger, causing his hands to clench tightly. Soon after, a woman offered Krittin a drink, grasping his arm. Krittin's gaze remained fixed on the familiar person as he spoke coldly:

Krittin: "Remove your hand."

With force, Krittin pulled his arm away and approached the familiar group, where Jake and others were playing billiards amidst a drug-induced haze of hallucinations. Krittin proposed a million-dollar bet, initially met with Jake's refusal but eventually accepted with a dare: to kneel in front of everyone if Jake lost. Jake's powerful voice carried their conversation to the ears of party attendees.

When Jake inquired about Krittin's dare for them, Krittin calmly replied:

Krittin: "I'll tell you once it's done."

The room erupted in cheers as they began their game. Krittin removed his suit jacket, rolling up his sleeves, and focused intensely on every shot against Jake. He quickly assessed the possibilities of scoring and indeed found it effortless, sinking one ball after another. As Krittin played, the spectators marveled at his skill, drawn in by his every move.

Hours passed, and Krittin emerged victorious, earning the agreement of the spectators for the impressive game they had witnessed. Jake and his group, unable to dispute, questioned Krittin about his dare. With unwavering confidence, Krittin spoke in a calm yet profound voice:

Krittin: "Go apologize to Phoom. But I also want you to kneel, as you suggested. If you had won, I would have knelt. It wouldn't have cost me anything, but for you, it would."

Krittin faced them boldly, showing no signs of fear. He firmly grabbed Krittin's clothes, saying:

Jake: "Who are you to make such demands? Do you think he deserves that?"

Enraged, Krittin struck Jake forcefully, grabbing and choking him:

Krittin: "Who are you to judge just because you're wealthy? You have no regard for others' feelings. This is the difference between us—I act as a decent human being, while you behave like trash."