Chapter 3. A hell of a night

Hades...

 I couldn't get the way he said his name to me with that smirk out of my mind. I turned up the volume on the TV to try to drown out the voice in my mind. I didn't even know what movie I was watching, I had just turned on the TV to try to distract myself after the talk with my new neighbor. I looked down at my old t-shirt.

What a look...I looked at the clock, it read almost half past ten at night. I grabbed my cell phone, Aaron was probably home by now. I didn't have any new messages. I bit the inside of my cheek and dialed his number. One beep, two beeps, three, four, five, six...I hung up. I tried again, but he wouldn't pick up the phone. Then anger welled up in me and I dialed a different number. At the second beep a female voice answered.

"Kore?"

"Is it too late to propose a girls' night out?"

Diana appeared half an hour later at my front door. She was a slender woman with straight black hair so long it reached her waist, and she had beautiful gray eyes. The truth is that she was a beautiful and intelligent woman, but when it came to the world of love, although she could have any man she wanted, Diana was single by her own free will. In fact, she wasn't even interested in having an informal relationship, much less getting into the mess of a formal relationship."Men... Better to have a dog, so at least you save yourself trouble and tears."

Those were her words the first time I brought up the subject. She said it with a hard look, as if she meant every word and knew too much. Then, she instantly softened her gaze as if she suddenly realized she was standing next to me and shrugged her shoulders.

"Anyways, I recommend you stay away from them if you want to have a peaceful life."

How ironic that I ended up dating her twin brother.

"Ready, queen?" She looked me up and down as if sizing me up. "You look beautiful, my brother will have a heart attack if he sees you."

"And you tell me? You could be Miss Universe." I smiled at my friend.

Diana was wearing a short, tight-fitting, shiny, gold dress and black platform shoes. Her hair was in a ponytail and she wore silver hoop earrings. Her lips were painted crimson red. I had dressed up too. I usually wore jeans and t-shirts or sweatshirts, but this time I felt like going out and rocking it, so I wore a tight, low-cut, black strapless dress that came down to my ankles, but had a slit in my left leg that left it exposed. I was also wearing black high heels, but much lower than Diana's. I had no jewelry on, and I had put on a pair of black pumps. I had worn no jewelry and had left my hair down and my lips painted a light pink.

"I'm glad you finally got the attitude to go out" she said. "Let's have a drink and dance the rest of the night away. I've invited Cristina too, I hope you don't mind. She's waiting outside."

"Of course not, I like her." The truth is that I would have liked to be alone with Diana because I didn't feel so confident with Cristina since we had hardly met, but she didn't seem like a bad person so I didn't mind too much.Cristina was Diana's childhood friend: short, curly blonde hair and brown eyes. When we went outside, under the light of the street lamps I could see she was wearing a maroon jumpsuit.