Chapter 64 - A Christmas Date? Pt.2

"mm-hmm~," Ichinose hummed happily beside me as we walked around the mall after finishing our meal.

"You seem happy," I said.

"What girl wouldn't be happy when they were treated to a meal."

"So food is the way to someone's heart?"

"Depends on the person, but I'd say so."

Noted.

As the conversation died out for a moment, Ichinose and I arrived at the theatre in the mall.

There was only one theatre, but with such a large student body, there were several different theatre halls to watch whatever popular movie was airing.

"You're an interesting person, Ayanokouji."

I heard a familiar voice as Ichinose and I walked into the theatre hall.

"Nagumo-senpai and Ayanokouji, what are you two doing here?"

There was a small crowd of first and second-years in the lobby. Namely, Nagumo and Ayanokouji seemed to have just finished a conversation.

While others like Hirata, Kei, Maya, and Asahina-senpai stood close by to Nagumo.

Quite a gathering.

"Fukumoto, what a surprise," Nagumo switched his attention onto me. "How's my personal assistant doing? What're you up to?"

"I'm doing just fine, senpai. I was planning to see a movie with Ichinose," I slightly gestured to Ichinose, who stood beside me.

"Hello, Nagumo-senpai," Ichinose waved.

"Oh?" Nagumo started to look more intrigued. "Perhaps, did I interrupt your Christmas date with Honami?"

"Well-," I started.

"Oh no, you didn't interrupt us, Nagumo-senpai. Besides, we are just hanging out," Ichinose quickly cut me off.

"Honami-chan!"

It seemed like Asahina-senpai finally noticed Ichinose's presence and got overly excited about it. The two quickly left Nagumo and me to discuss random topics in private.

"You're quite surprising, Fukumoto," Nagumo redirected his attention to me.

"What's so surprising about me hanging out with a fellow student from the same year?"

"Always with the sarcastic remarks. Others may take that as being impolite, you know."

"I'm sorry, senpai. I never thought of it that way. Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I'll desperately work to correct it."

Nagumo let out a dry chuckle in response. "I really hope you're not of the jealous type, Fukumoto."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I know you were here for the last part of my conversation with one of your classmates. You should know you're not the only intriguing person in the first-years."

"I wouldn't consider myself the jealous type. But I'm glad to hear my year has such talent that even the likes of you recognize it."

Nagumo analyzed me for a moment before speaking. "Nazuna, we shouldn't overstay our welcome."

"Aw~, but I wanted to chat with Honami-chan more..."

Nagumo without any care for his companion's wish, started to leave the theatre hall.

Asahina-senpai quickly broke away from Ichinose to follow behind Nagumo. "You can do it, Honami-chan! Give it your all!" Asahina-senpai randomly gave Ichinose words of encouragement as she left.