[𝟎𝟐: light for the forsaken ii]

"[Name]!" A female voice called you out, violently pulling away the blankets

"[Name]!" A female voice called you out, violently pulling away the blankets. "We have to go and explore a village in the east, remember?" 

You groaned, putting yourself in a fetal position "Five more minutes, please..." you muttered sleepily.

The woman sighed in exhaustion "...That's the same thing you said fifteen minutes ago" she sighed. "Paimon and Lumine are  waiting, hurry up" she said before leaving.

You sat down on your bed, starting to prepare yourself. You wore the first clothes you came across, kindly provided by your hosts. You grabbed a bag, giving one last look around the room before meeting eyes with a familiar figure. In the mirror your own eyes looked at you with stupor, as if fascinated  by your reflection. You made a child-like pout before switching to a bright smile. "Well, I guess this is me" the mirror smiled softly.

 The days following your discovery passed quickly and, before you knew it, two months had already passed since you were enveloped by the light once again

Exploring, interviewing locals, searching for places you might have once lived... Most of your days were taken up with these activities.

"oh, here you are!"  the woman you met out of the mines, Fusu, smiled sarcastically. You grinned apologetically to both her and Lumine, as the latter was listening to your little conversation with a mixture of amusement and surprise, upon seeing your host's annoyed expression.

"What's todays destination, anyways?" You inquired.

"Oh, it's a village  towards the Chasm's outskirts, about half a day's walk from here" Paimon replied.

"Apparently, it's another ghost town" Lumine added with a sigh before setting off.

The journey proceeded smoothly, without running into any trouble. However once your group arrived near your destination, clouds full of rain threatened to spill on the surrounding mountains, but since it would've be pointless come back your group chose to progress.

The rain drops did not take long to arrive after you and your companions had already parted. The rain knocked lightly on the roofs of the village, before pouring down and enveloping it in mist.

Under the shelter of a canopy, you tried to kill time by resting your gaze on the fog and recalling the tales of the world you had heard. You sighed "this rain is really slowing me down...."

"Well? Don't tell me you want to run around in the rain like those two" a voice commented with an hint of sarcasm.

You winced, feeling your heart suddenly picking up. "Ah, sorry I didn't mean to scare you" Fusu smiled in apology. "There's something I wanted to show you" and with these words she pulled out a small old notebook bound in brown leather.

You analyzed  it before opening it to study its contents. "Wasn't this type of bookbinding from Sta... Uh... The city of Freedom?"

"Mondstadt" She corrected you. "But you got close, it seems to be from Fontaine. I think it used to be the diary of a native that moved here but this doesn't matter, look at the entry of September 27"

Following Fusu's instructions you gently skimmed through the pages, fearing that you could've tear them if you handled them too roughly. Your eyes scanned through the diary's contents, unaware that what laid in front of you was nothing but the first clue to unreveal the mystery of your past.