A Heart's Facade

He can't do it.
He has no choice but to tell his friends.

The entire night, Gin and Tachihara have been talking nonstop about what had happened in the karaoke place in their group chat, and Chuuya has fought every single urge to throw his phone out of his fucking window. So later today, he'll tell them what happened in the library.

It's Saturday, 2 in the afternoon. Meaning no classes whatsoever, and Chuuya has the entire day all to himself, at least that's what he thought. He was home alone, for his brother, Paul Verlaine, had something important to attend to at work. So the last thing the redhead was expecting was his doorbell ringing.

Chuuya didn't mind the first three rings, but right after it turned into spamming. He stormed out of his bedroom door, stomping down the stairs and flung the front door open. Just outside, standing, was the brunette who'd been stuck on his mind since that day in the library.

"Chibi! Took you a while huh?" Dazai grinned, pulling his hand away from the doorbell (In which he was supposed to press, again...), Chuuya clicked his tongue, just about to shut the door on his face, but Dazai quickly stuck his arm in as an attempt to stop the redhead. "Wait, wait! Don't worry I'm not here to annoy you–"

"You kind of already are."

The brunette smiled sheepishly as Chuuya leaned on the door frame. Dazai quickly composed himself, straightening his posture and fixing his trench coat. "Alright, shoot." Chuuya crossed his arms, still looking at the man in front of him.

Dazai cleared his throat before continuing, "So, I was bored at home and.." just before he could finish what he was saying, Chuuya moved to grab the doorknob, and Dazai knew what that meant, 'This better be worth my time or I'll shut this door on your lanky ass arm and break it.'

"I haven't visited Kouyou-san in a while, you know her cafe and stuff! So I was wondering if you'd like to go with me...?" He fidgeted with his ring, sounding hesitant towards the end.

Chuuya didn't want to consider it at first, but then again, it has been a while since he's seen Kouyou. She's been busy lately at uni, while Chuuya is occupied with school work and extracurricular activities. "That.. would be nice, I guess."

Dazai's eyes immediately lit up, he didn't think Chuuya would come. He expected a few outcomes, this being one of them, but the chances were pretty low. "Really?" He asked in disbelief with a hint of excitement in his voice.

Chuuya shrugged in response, turning his back towards Dazai. "Come inside, I'll go change first." Dazai didn't think his day would get any better, not until this moment. He quickly discarded his shoes at the genkan, "Excuse me..." he whispered as he entered the house.

"It's okay, Paul isn't home." Chuuya said from the stairs, who slowly made his way up. Dazai carefully sat down on the sofa, looking around the house.

It still looked the same.

Before he moved back to Aomori, he spent most of his days coming over to Chuuya's. They would often play videogames or some shit, he was always welcome here, even if Verlaine didn't really like him. (Looking back on it, Dazai thinks the word fitting for how Verlaine feels about him is 'Despise')

Chuuya's house always felt like home. Maybe that's why Dazai was always reluctant to go when he came over. His uncle's house always felt miserable and.. empty. He was always busy at work, after all, he was a doctor. His cousin was the only one who brought a bit of life and color to the place, but even she was busy, often occupied in her room, playing games or doing homework.